After all the bloodshed and brutality, will iraq be free?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mui, May 13, 2004.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

You know... after all these horrible events that have been happening... i seriously doubt that Iraq will be a free nation after the US government is done with it... I seriously think we will leave, and than something fucked up will happen and Iraq still wont be any better off than it was before...
    all the deaths will in the end be for nothing..
    and even if we do succeed, what will iraq have? A country that is based on lies and conforming everyone to ignorance, like the united states? Will they have the same fucked up electoral system as the US? Will the people of iraq have the blind illusion that they actually control their government, like the citizens of the united states?

The US sucks at imposing "democracy" on foreign countries...
    we dont even have a democratic country ourself

In the end I think that this whole war will be seen as one of the biggest messes ever created... like vietnam, but a whole lot worse... the us has yet to successfully impose democracy in a country... if bush is in charge of what this new govt will be in iraq, I can definitely be assured that it will be a failure, like everything else the bush admin has done.

Yes, in the end... nick berg, along with all the dead iraqis and americans and coalition forces, will have all died for nothing...
    all at the hands of the Bush Administration and its insane and immoral view on the world..

They can say whatever they want when they get on television, but their motives are clearly a lot different than what they want us to believe.

2. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Well the US isn't exactly "free" so I doubt Iraq would end up free either. It does have a shot at ending up better off than it was under Saddam though.

3. gonzobug

gonzobug Visitor

of course iraq wont be free, and norbecause of bush or anyoneelse here, simply because Iraq is not the US, they dont think like us nor have the same sense of freedom, they wil be ruled by whoever has the most power, either militarily or a religious figurehead, simply because that is the way the yahve done it for thousands of years.....

bush is simply following the lead of Clinton, papa bush, Reagan, and al other presidents since WW2....trying to share OUR view of freedom by pushing it on everyone else and expecting theto roll over with graditude and lve their lives exactly as we do

4. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

That about sums it up, Mui.

I said at the beginning of this war.
    1)There will be no WMD found.
    2)There will be civil unrest and probably civil war
    3)The Iraqi Infrastructure will be completely destroyed
    4)They will eventually get an Ayatolla in power, and things willl be NO BETTER than they were under Saddam.

Just now waiting for number 4. All the rest have already happened. How come I (and a lot of other people) knew these things and the Gubment didn't?

5. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Iraq will be the seat of the biggest US embassy in the region along with 14 new military bases. "No Virginia, we aren't leaving Iraq on June 30th or anytime thereafter".

Moreover, John Negroponte has already been named the eventual Ambassador to Iraq. Nevermind that he hails directly from the criminal cabal that brought us the Iran Contra scandal or his splendid achievements in organising and training the right wing Honduran death squads in the most grizzly methods of fear and murder when he was Ambassador to Honduras in the 1980's.

Some info on the man...

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=John_Negroponte

6. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I'd imagine they will be occupied by US forces for perhaps a decade to come, and may never be free of ties to the US. That's not to say there isn't a chance it could all work out better for them than under Hussein. I realize everyone is pessimistic about the US goverment and their policies, I just think that there is a decent chance things will improve there, given a fairly long time period.

7. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

When and if we would relinquish unilateral control and get out and let them determine their own sovereign governance (as is their sovereign right) things may or may not improve, but if we stay I suspect youll see all the anti-war warnings coming to fruition in spades.

8. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Here is a website which details (and I mean details, even I couldn't read the entire thing) abuses of prisoners in Iraq. WHERE do you get your news, dude? THIS HAPPENED!

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/library/reports/2004/800-mp-bde.htm

Wait until the pictures of the murders of Iraqi prisoners are released.....if Rumsy doesn't find a way to stop them.

9. gonzobug

gonzobug Visitor

10. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Will Iraq be free? Well, I wonder what does a free "Iraq" mean. When the war and bloodshed ends (I have no clue when that'll happen), the United States will be effectively running the country. I don't know when elections will take place. And when the elections take place, the United States will have a tremendous influence in those elections - I wouldn't be shocked if the next Iraqi government is a puppet regime.