Advice Please - How Should I React

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by mistique1974, Jan 4, 2016.

1. mistique1974

mistique1974 Members

Hi there, I was after some advice.. I'm not sure where to start but recently my daughter's admitted to me that she's having a same-sex relationship with one of her friends. I love my daughter dearly but the whle thing threw me and left me lost as to how to react. Myself, I've been happily married (to a man) and totally unprepared for when she told me. I'd never do anything to push her away and I've always been supportive. Do you think this could be a "phase" or could it be deeper..

2. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

How should you react?

Exactly that.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

The only thing that matters is your daughters happiness. Just be supportive and keep loving her as you have always done. She will find her own way.

2 people like this.
  4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I agree with Jenny. Be supportive, and tell your daughter you love and support her no matter what. She obviously told you because there was a part of her that trusted that you would be understanding. Some people go their whole entire lives without sharing with their parents their sexual orientation.

1 person likes this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

When my daughter eventually admitted to me..I was relieved, I would have given anything for her to have not needed coercing into telling me..be proud, she obviously felt she could tell you.
    My x husband on the other hand, was disgusted, and disappointed.. He said he already had 2 sons..what a twat!
    But, ten years on, I'm divorced, and she has been with her partner for nearly ten years..I'm over the moon..
    She is still my daughter, she has never changed, ever...what she does in her bedroom is her business! No one would say boo if it was a female flat mate!
    She has two businesses, 2 cars..and is happier than my 2 sons..

I ask you..what is your problem in all of this, yes you do!
    Perhaps that's the help you need .sorting your problem with having a lesbian relationship.

My daughter thought it funny, when I said..at least no guy is going to do naughties with you..

3 people like this.
  6. Laci

Laci Members

Just be happy that the teen pregnancy issue is eliminated.

1 person likes this.
  7. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

I always think that people with only one post to their credit are typing bullshit just to see what we'll say. BUT.. in case this is legit. (right) ... Let me ask you this: Is the color of your eyes a 'phase'?

Did you make a choice about the color of your eyes? Is one eye color better than another or 'normal'? This isn't a 'phase'. This is who she is and you are blessed to have her in your life. It is as natural to her as her eye color.

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That was similar to my mom's reaction. She wanted to know why it took so long for me to tell her, why I made a big deal out of it, why I didn't trust her enough to just casually say, "oh, by the way, I like girls."

Tags: