Administration wants to define transgender out of existence

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by KathyL, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Neon, what the FUCK??? How dare you say that about her wife??!!?! What are you doing dude?? What's your deal tonight??

Fuck...I lost friends trying to defend you that night you were sure you were being bullied. Clearly, I was on the wrong side of that fucking fight.

2. Noserider

In my experience, public restrooms are all about the venue. In some places they're clean, and in some places they're gross. Really depends how much business a certain establishment wants to keep.

Orison likes this.
  3. storch

storch banned

Aww, you're just nitpicking. :smile:

scratcho and Meliai like this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This is mostly a non issue, as far as the bathroom thing goes. There have never been laws about this until some NC lawmakers wanted to stir the pot for no reason. The trans community has always just quietly went to the bathroom where they felt comfortable and no one seemed bothered by it or even gave it a second thought until the NC bathroom bill started the outrage train.

Snowdancer likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, the overall cleanliness is definitely up to the venue. but when you compare the men's vs the women's in the same venue, at least in my experience, more nasty shit goes down in the women's.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't care what he says about my wife. I've heard worse from far better people. It concerns me not at all what ponders through Neons mind. He's a Troll that is barely taken seriously by anybody.

7. What "ponders through my mind"? That's a new expression to me. I have nothing personal against your wife. I have something personal against everybody, so it's rather impersonal.

8. I'm extremely pissed off at the world, Noserider. I'm not sure if I can even explain how profoundly pissed off I am. The Earth is DYING. And the bullshit never stops.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

This is hilarious because I wonder how shit gets places. There is some poo on a piece of tp in the wastebasket at the gym on a consistent basis. I don't get it. I really don't...

Sorry, I'm so off topic, but I had to laugh at the post I've quoted here. :)

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Some people don't flush toilet paper, depending on what part of the world they're from. Not every region has a septic/sewage system capable of handling tp. And they probably dont break the habit when they move somewhere where it can be flushed

If ya don't know, now ya know

11. Noserider

You know very well who you are
    Don't let em hold you down
    Reach for the stars

Meliai likes this.
  12. I get around when I'm using the bathroom, and one time I noticed a streak of poo on the base of the toilet. No idea how they got it there. Another time I was slaving away at a pub and had to clean some dude's shit off the walls.

13. soulcompromise

:grimacing: Um.. alright. Now I'm aware. :confounded: It will take some getting used to I suppose. :worried:

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Informative post, I'll stop using the waste basket from here on.

soulcompromise likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This whole topic is another representation of why nobody is born as equals.

I don't actually agree with my wife, well it's not that I don't agree I just don't feel the same concerns she does, but that doesn't make her concerns any less valid. She's an individual, she deserves her individual thought and decisions. Nobody can speak for her, because nobody is her. In fact there's only two of us in this conversation that are remotely akin to her, and we both feel different on the subject than her and still that's not enough of a reason to dismiss her concerns.

Instead of jumping down the throats of the people who feel this way, you should really be concerning yourselves with her stance and position, respecting those decisions as you should, and as you do from any other PERSON and try to reason with it.

I really don't get it. If you seriously expect somebody to change their whole personal views based on nothing more than "I don't feel the same", that's just rubbish and shame on you.

BTW. She doesn't actually vilify anybody for using the restrooms, instead she just doesn't use them unless completely necessary and if so, we will find a very private public restroom, usually asking hotel receptionist if we can please use the staff toilet. Never been told no to. I don't use public restrooms because I find them disgusting but when I really to, I'll use them. She doesn't feel comfortable though in unisex toilets, I don't see how that's offensive to anybody else. It shouldn't be your concern.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  16. soulcompromise

I have the utmost respect for your wife, her opinion, and the decisions she makes. The reason I said earlier that I feel torn about this is because there are trans people and we shouldn't ignore them. They can use my bathroom and it's fine with me, but probably not with a lot of guys. So whose bathroom do they use? I say mine! :) But it's not only my bathroom. So... on an individual level maybe it's ok with some, or even a majority. But it's never ok with everyone. Where does that leave us?

I think it puts us between a rock and a hard place (an expression of being in a difficult position). If I had children I would want them to know though that it's ok to be transgender and that they shouldn't feel uncomfortable in the restroom together. Everybody goes somewhere... But then that's just my opinion.

I can see where your coming from.

Irminsul likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No I agree with you. They deserve a toilet to use. I don't know how to make that work though knowing that some people aren't comfortable with that idea, I won't disrespect anybody for their personal views.

My personal views are often scrutinised and put down, vilified, stomped on and I'm in a constant struggle trying to figure out what's wrong with me most of the time and why I am the way I am. My wife is a much better person than me in every direction of life, this is one contraversial view that she had and I don't think it's controversial and it shouldn't be and although I don't agree, I respect her view and I'll stand by her in doing so because that's what people should do. That's what being human is all about. :)

So give us 5 toilets. :) or, a whole row of toilets that only one person can use at a time, that's the best way, all unisex, they lock from the inside and you don't have to share the same room with anybody. These toilets already exist.

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. Noserider

The first time I used a unisex bathroom it was...awkward to say the least. First few times it was awkward. I just got over it over time.

I thought it was a good idea, though I disagreed with the implementation of it for the very reason that it could make some people feel that their views and concerns were less valid. It's all very difficult to address.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And I was exactly the same though I'm not even sure I have been in the same block with a man. I've never been with a guy but I'm a tomboy, I've seen dicks. I've seen penises and guys peeing on trees and it's never bothered me. But I'm not her, I don't have those concerns. You have to know that more than anyone though, like the other lesbians who won't use sex toys that mimic a phallic man. You don't tell them, well I have good orgasm using this toy so you have to get used to it because it what I do, it just doesn't work like that..

Like I say, I don't know what to do other than stand alone unisex public toilets. I feel sorry for them if they have to be thrown into a men's toilet, I don't think it's right, but I don't think it's right to infringe on the privacy of others who don't feel the same way either.

-shrug- I don't know. All I know is, I like to respect anyone's opinion and I do contemplate their opinions. In this matter alone I can only think of 5 seperate toilet blocks or, single privacy that already exists it a lot of metropolitan areas. I walk past the in Munich. They're just seperate cubicles with automatic doors. They are unisex and anyone is allowed in them, but you aren't with anybody it's your own cubicle that offers privacy. Tbh I think even trans folk would like to use them. :)

20. First I thought Irminsul was a dude. Then a dude and a girl posting on the same account. Now I think Irminsul is one girl posting as Irminsul. I'm not sure if I'll ever figure it out, but I think I'm on the right track.