ADHD Help!?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Bella Désordre, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Does anyone else have this? What are some ways that you cope? I am having a really hard time with it today. I don't want to listen to anyone talk, can't stay on task, feel tired, but also hyper. They won't give me stimulants so they gave me Welbutrin instead and it is sooooo much better now that I am taking that, but still I get sooo frustrated and I want to do everything MY WAY. I am in such an intolerant mood and I just want to snap out of it and get on with my day.

2. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I'm sorry that you are having problems. I have ADHD as well and I take ritalin for it.

Peace and love

3. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

I have ADD as well and refuse to take stimulants regularly (although they do come in handy for recreation on occasion). I dont consider it to be a problem, only a personal characteristic that makes one less able to participate in things like school, work, or pretty much anything uninteresting. School and work are the problems. Accept the fact that it is part of who you are, and medicating will only make you more generic. Then you will be able to change the problems, which are ALL exteral. Dont change anything about yourself.

4. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I would love to not take anything for it and be less generic. Unfortunatley, I don't think my boss, family or transcripts would appreciatte the uniqueness I am capable of exuding while untreated.

I have DID too so I (we d: ) have tons of uniqueness to go around.

5. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Have you tried any non-stimulant meds for it? They won't give me ritalin ):

6. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

They don't work for me.

Peace and love