Addictions

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by acuarela, Jul 24, 2013.

1. acuarela

acuarela Member

Do you have any addictions? If so what are you addicted to?

I'm currently completely addicted to this word/strategy game called Letterpress

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/letterpress-word-game/id526619424?mt=8

I discovered it a couple of days ago and I've probably played about 60 games since then. I can’t stop playing it, not even when I’m at work. I guess there are worse things I could be addicted to. Do any of you play? If you’d like to play with me my username there is +l3e+.

My second addiction probably is cinematography. I watch a lot of movies, some shows too. It’s a form of escapism, but I also really love the art form.

The third is probably smoothies. I don’t make them as often at home, but I usually buy 1 everyday when I’m at work, there’s this awesome smoothie/juice bar downstairs.

Edit: I forgot to mention the vast world that is contained within the internet.

2. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

I pride myself on being a non-addictive personality type, although I've been known to read a book or two in the evenings.

EDIT- I forgot that I'm addicted to torturing our cat, but this is a recent re-development.

3. acuarela

acuarela Member

4. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

I can't help it! I worry that she is going to end up disliking me, but damn it's so much fun! Last night I held her mouth open (well, I always do that) but I pushed down on her tongue to feel all the bumpy spike things on it, haha. And this morning before leaving the house, I made Sophia laugh by taking that tie string thing from your dress (the green and black one) and wrapping it around her arms so that she went crazy trying to get it off, haha

5. acuarela

acuarela Member

I meant pfft at your non-addictive personality lol

And poor kitty.

6. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

I know, lol :p
    Just being a trick-master as usual. I'm addicted to everything that I even remotely gain pleasure from, starting with soda, which I'm leaving now to go get one. Brb!

7. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Addictions...
    Is it possible to be addicted to procrastination? I often start doing things at the last possible minute, when the adrenaline already kicks in and I have to work really hard to do get everything done well and still meet the deadline...
    I get it done and everything turns out just fine but it's still an awful habit, which I'm in the process of getting rid of.

Other than that, I don't have any. I have a pretty non-addictive personality as well and I like not being obsessed with or dependent on something.

8. broony

broony Banned

born with addictive personality...

doesn't matter what it is.. when i enjoy something i keep enjoying it.

the problem is not having enough moderation.

i know when im out of line... but damn... its hard.

you know. life.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Heroin

10. wobs

wobs Senior Member

hope youre joking piaf

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

After almost five years I'm beginning to fear that I have become addicted to Hip Forums. :(
    Even after all the pain and tribulation my compulsion has caused, I keep coming back to this accursed site!

Damn you Internet!!
    Damn you high-speed connections!!
    Damn you Skip!!
    Damn you Hippies!!
    Damn you all!!

most of all, damn you NoxiousGas, damn you and your keyboard........

anybody got the number of a good rehab?
    you know, someplace where I can smoke all the weed I want and shit like that, but blocks sites like this........

hmmmm.... I think China blocks sites like this...but I think smoking weed is punishable by death.:(

Guess I'll just have to try and live with my addiction,.....tried going cold-turkey once, wasn't pretty, wasn't pretty at all.:puke:

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

I suppose Im addicted to the site., however. some of us try to keep it running smoothly, so the rest of you can get hooked on it too... :)

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am not really "addicted" to anything. Perhaps habituated to a few things, like marijuana, coffee, steak, etc.

14. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I'm pretty sure I have a mental addiction & physical dependency on alcohol & to a lesser extent caffeine

15. broony

broony Banned

why would anyone thumbs up this?

junkie?

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

A few drugs I've been addicted to (and really still think about using) but aside from alcohol, I don't really have access to any of them anymore and I've been doing alright.

I LOVE music which seems to be somewhat similar to how you view cinementography OP, however addiction to me seems to represent something in a pejorative sense and I can't say that my LOVE and obsession of music has ever been negative for me.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

maybe we understand her humour

im currently addicted to sunflower seeds

18. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

subway
    pr0n
    boardshorts
    fantasizing about my manager

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

oh the lulz...

20. acuarela

acuarela Member

That's what I was going for, habituations and addictions too if anyone has them.

Broony people thumbed Piaf up because she's probably the straightest person in all of HF. It was a joke.