addiction

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by dice, Feb 2, 2007.

1. dice

dice Member

How do you know you're addicted?
    I know this might seem like a stupid question... but I've never been addicted to anything.
    Now... well now i'm not sure.... is it like having a little nagging feeling in the back of your head and you're always thinking about it (whatever it is) and wanting more and thinking of how you could get some...?

2. dice

dice Member

In the case of psycological addiction anyway?
    (sorry - would have edited but I'm not sure how)

3. stonerman420

stonerman420 Member

the thing is, you can be addicted to pretty much anything, be it, video games, sex, drugs, candy, etc. everyone has an addictiont o something, maybe not to the extent that drug addictions get (ie: stealing, lieing, doing whatever it takes to get the next "fix") but everyone has something they REALLY like. even music can be addicting. everyone has an addictive personality to an extent. some more than others.

4. AcousticPeace

AcousticPeace Member

i think its when your personality changes when you dont have the thing you are addicted to.

5. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

For me, When you are never at a regular state. Either come down or high. You get high and feel greeat, then you come down and feel like shit, take more because you feel like shit, etc.

6. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I'd say when wanting to do something starts to turn into the feeling of needing to do something.

7. stucknthsky

stucknthsky Member

Addiction (and im talking about to anything) is the point when you loose control , you dont wanna do it again...but you have to ....you wish you could stop ...but you cant...or even other people think you should stop and maybe you dont want to but couldnt anyway....maybe what im talking about is extreme addiction....cause i guess there is stages of addiction....but in my opinion your addicted to something when it takes priority over everything else, changes things about you, people around you often notice a diffrence in you even if they dont know whats going on. Addiction definatley changes you. But if your into something , that you happen to do often it doesnt neccesarily make an addiction, often its when you try to stop and cant when you realize youve passed the point of fuckin around

8. damiennotloc

damiennotloc Member

I personally haven't ever been addicted to any substance psychologically. I have however, developed physical dependencies, where If I go without, I will go through a period of insomnia, and my IQ will be reduced considerably for a few days. My appetite is also reduced to nothing, I can't even force myself to eat for days, If I do, I end up throwing up. But nothing one can't put up with. I guess, though, I am prone to addiction to emotions. If I begin to feel a certain way, usually about someone, I will feel that way, and I will think about that feeling, even when there is no reason to. I will fill myself with that emotion, and it sometimes effects my ability to reason. I sort of induce a high from the pleasure of that emotion. And I find it incredibly difficult to stop thinking about and feeling that emotion.

9. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

addiction to drugs starts with thigns like this.you will start to think about drugsmore and more and want them all the time you will start suing them more and more, its your first priority to have fun or when you arew with your friends. Etc shit like that.The point of Recreational drug use and addiction is a very very thin line and different for all people. I myself now that I look back on it got addicted to drugs pretty fast after I started using, I would say after about 6 months to a year or using weed I wanted it every day and I wanted to try other drugs.I kind of new then I was addicted.As the drugs get harder addiction will get worse. It usally happens to people slowly and over time it not like a over night thing. You will know when you are start to get addictd to drugs.You might deny it to yourself and others but you will know deep down inside if drugs are a problem or not. Hears some advice that could really help If you even think drugs are a starting to become problem you should stop right now !!! Because if you are addicted it just keeps getting worse and worse and takes over your life more and more.The drugs will start becomg harder and harder also. Drug addiction will progress its the nature of it. Good luck man !!!!!!!!

10. dawn_rhode

dawn_rhode Member

suck a dick for a hit thats how i knew lol

11. kyoshima

kyoshima Members

Addiction is defined as a chronic, relapsing disorder characterized by compulsive drug seeking, continued use despite harmful consequences, and long-lasting changes in the brain. It is considered both a complex brain disorder and a mental illness. Got this information from Addictionresource.