addicted...?

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by elover, Apr 27, 2008.

1. elover

elover ritz with cheese

Do you/have you ever thought you might be an addict? No reason to lie on the web, so I'll say I have. Remember when you answer that to be considered an addict you don't have to be some homeless bum who shoots up smack. I'd say your some sort of addict if you do a variety or one specific drug regularly.

Don't think of me as some addict please though. I have a job, attend school, and are far from being thought of as a drug fiend.

2. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

I've felt that way before. It happens from time to time. Where I'd like to be altered in some way every day at some point. I have a job and attend college as well though. Drugs make things more fun in lame situations I feel. Meh society.

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Do cocaine a few times and you'll begin to feel the slime of being addicted crawl over you. I managed to stop in time. My friend wasn't so lucky. He won't live to see 30.

4. warmhands420

warmhands420 curmudgeon

Does coffee count?

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Tweek tweek tweek PEPSI COLA... Tweek.

6. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

I used to be addicted to Ritalin, I still am I guess. I haven't snorted any in 2 or 3 months but man, I would LOVE to get my hands on a few pills and capsules... Have myself a party!

7. InterestedParty

InterestedParty Member

Does taking 300mg of MDMA in one day count? I regularly take at least 200mg a week of the stuff, with no real side effects to speak of. Are there any hidden dangers in taking too much X? Calling all scientists!

8. Geneity

YES. MDMA is neurotoxic. More so than amphetamine and methamphetamine.

9. warmhands420

warmhands420 curmudgeon

10. elover

elover ritz with cheese

interestedparty for the sake of your brain and well being you might want to lay off awhile.

11. InterestedParty

InterestedParty Member

Thanks for the info about the potential for brain damage, as it were, from using too much MDMA. I just ran out and will not get any more for a long time, so my system can repair itself. Sometimes it really sucks to be so tolerant of stuff! I knew I was when I took 100mg one day in the morning, and then fell asleep in the early afternoon. All this after a good night's sleep, food, vitamins, etc. I probably could've taken another 100mg yesterday without any noticeable (by me) effects. That would have been 400mg! Yikes...

12. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

i thought MDA was the neurotoxic one.....i read somewhere on erowid that MDMA was relativley safe on the brain...? im prolly wrong

13. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

BEING SOBER SUCKS...but i dont drink, i dont smoke pot, and i only do coke when i have enough money to get at least a quarter and sell it off in g's so i get like 2 grams for free, i dont think theres any point in doing coke unless ur gonna do a lot, like if ppl offer me free lines im just like "na im good" cuz i only like coke when i have a lot...(however i do intend to try every drug i can before i die)...So rarley doing the 3 most common drugs makes it hard to be fucked up all the time, but i do something random a few times a week...i ussually never have a steady enough supplier of anything to get heavily addicted, but all i do is think about drugs but never ONE drug, i guess im mentally addicted to altering my mind

14. Geneity

well MDA is methylenedioxyamphetamine and MDMA is methylenedioxymethamphetamine as I'm sure you know. Since amphetamine is neurotoxic, the stronger version methamphetamine is far more so. So it makes sense to say MDMA is more neurotoxic than MDA. They both are though. Generally all methylenedioxy's are. There are also articles and researches around.

15. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Currently addicted to weed and cigs.

16. does2

does2 Member

i do every drug available, except meth and coke,etc, and i know will soon have tasted every substance.

17. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I would say that I am not addicted to any drug, in particular, aside from a definite pscyhological addiction to marijuana; rather, I am just addicted to being in an altered state of mind, regardless of the drug I am taking. Some people may think that I am/was addicted to xanax, as I was taking it every day for a long while, but stopping cold turkey posed no consequence.

So yeah.....I guess you could say I am a bit of an addict. I would refer to it as a non-specific drug addiction, I guess.

18. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

i like that phrase..."non specific drug addiction"

19. Geneity

I'm the same way as TopNotch.

20. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

It certainly seems appropriate.