addicted to percs/ any decent herbal meds?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by brothersun, May 14, 2004.

1. brothersun

brothersun Member

I have been taking percs for little over a year now. I love the buzz. The stuff motivates me, gives me confidence and over all feeling of well being. But they are costly and addiction can't lead anywhere good. So i'm off them again, its been 4 days now so i'm enjoying withdrawals. I think i might have some sort of social problem. I just remember feeling the same way as a child. Never fit in, always on the outside. Had a hard time to create conversations with people i just met or girls( which really sucks ). Well i'm going to try to stay off percs. Does anyone know of any herbal meds that i can take that gives the feeling of well being, confidence and motivation. Any input would be grateful.:confused:

2. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

Many people have had, still have the same problems you had when you were young and that you still have. Just stick to herb, and smoke more herb. Good to hear you're off the other stuff, good luck, I can only imagine what withdrawal from drugs other than weed is like. When I don't smoke weed for a while I don't feel withdrawn from it at all, I guess everyone is just different.

3. Darius

Darius Member

youll be fine youve got your head on straight about the situation. The only thing id be worried about is you picking up old habbits. Lord knows any druggie has a hard time with that. Not calling you a druggie just making a generalization... I hate when people say that shit about me and im sure your the same but yea good luck homie and smoke the herb, eat the mushroom, take the LSD and work on finding yourself...

4. brothersun

brothersun Member

Well I smoke weed once in awhile. Used to smoke it alot 15 years ago. The thing with weed is it makes me paranoid now. I get the odd panic attack on it. I hate the feeling of increase heart rate and cold sweats. And sure Lsd ok once in a blue moon its been been about 8 years since i last had it. It was at a halloween party. Had a great time. But the thing I was hard to function around people that were not high. Mushrooms i did about 7 months ago , i also had a blast. But its something I would only do once in awhile. With the percs i did daily from the time i got up to the time i went to sleep. I just want to know if there is a legal herbal drug that gives you the feeling of well being and confidence. I tried to get the feeling from pure will but have a diffucult time doing so.:)

5. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

Keep smoking a lot and that stuff will go away.
    Then again weed might just not be for you, but I doubt that because weed is good for most people.

6. daymuse

daymuse Member

Substituting an addiction by becoming addicted to something else is not the way out, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. What you need is a lifestyle change. Get out of the mindset of thinking you need drugs for confidence and well being, and work to gain them yourself. Start a new diet. Exercise. Get your vitamins. Meditate. Read a book. Whatever it takes to keep yourself out of that viscious cycle of a fix for a fix. Because if you think about it nothing really needed fixing in the first place.

7. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Very good advise. I agree. Great use of your first post!

8. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

Heavy weed users often experience paranoia and sometimes panic attacks after a while. It's not rare. -It's bad advice to say smoke a lot more... -
    they then take a (long) break then occasionaly and lightly smoke.

9. Hes not going to get addicted to herbal meds. As for your situation, i would go with St. Johns Wort...its like an herbal anti-depressent.

10. daymuse

daymuse Member

I was referring to smoking lots of weed to kick the perc habit. I'm fully aware that you cant get addicted to herbal meds. As far as St. Johns Wort goes...go for it. Also try Gingko. In my experience with herbal shit, I've found that belief in the drugs effect plays a vital role in how much you will get out of it. Kind of a placebo but more of an activation through intention.