Adderall Recreational Value

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Geneity, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Since Addreall consists of L-amphetamine and D-amphetamine, both of which absorb over a period of time, does it have any recreational value if snorted? I've heard of it being used at clubs and stuff as a recreational drug, but it doesn't seem so likely the more I look into it. I've never seen an Adderall pill before, but I've heard they have some odd coating that you need to crush up with the powder and snort it that way.

Would it's effects that way be anything compared to Methylphenidate?

2. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Addreall has an extremly high recreational potential. There are two forms; instand release and extended release. It sounds like your talking about the XR version. There is a thread proboly 5 down from this where i explained the whole deal, take a look . . .

3. Geneity

Yeah I read that. I was under the impression both forms had the crazy odd coating. Hopefully if I get it, it won't be the XR version, that would be lame. Is there maybe any way I could sway the doctor to give me the regular version?

4. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

If he gives you the XR version just take it, fill the script and call the office back two days later stating that you cannot sleep at night despite taking the medication immediatly upon waking. Also mention that the medication was effective in treating the disorder. The reasonable course of action is then to continue with the same medication that is showing effectivness while removing the XR aspect because of the side effect of it lasting TOO long.

Edit: Also do not suggest a course of action this early in the treatment. It will be an indicator of drug seeking behavior. Once you've been on the mediation for six months and would have a reasonable knowledge of how it effects you, then you might be able to make a suggestion. Basically act like you've never heard of the medication and as such know nothing about XR vs immediate release . . .

I've been doing this for years, its a carefull balancing act . . .

5. moe.ron

moe.ron Member

i took 2 30 mg's XR's yesturday around 3:30 its now saturday 12:20 and im just crashing now. No sleep at all soooo tired...

6. Geneity

Ugh I know it. I took 3 20mg XR's at 8:30PM on Thursday, and didn't come off them until like 5PM Friday. I also felt pretty shitty during the comedown. Although the insane 20 hour high was pretty damn fun. My mom asked me if I was on speed and I had to lie and say no. That was a scary moment.

7. nesta

nesta Banned

in my opinion adderall has pretty much absolutely no recreational value.

value is highly dependent on what an individual finds to be desirable; cold sweats, insomnia (which i have already), anorexia, instant laxative effects, and impotence does not appeal to me, and these are the secondary effects i get, along with an unpleasant stimulation that makes my heart feel like its about to burst out of my chest.

on the other hand, most people will tell you the skeletal muscle relaxant known as cyclobenzaprine, or by the brand name flexeril, has little to no recreational use, however i find it to be quite pleasant.

to each their own, but "does this have recreational value?" is a poorly worded question, because what the person answering you says is often likely to not hold true for you...

8. Geneity

That's very true, but I enjoy stimulants to a point. Adderall makes me feel amazing and socially adept, but after awhile it gets really unpleasent and I start to become scared and highly upset. Mood swings are just part of amphetamine though.

9. tc_omega

tc_omega Member

well smash the small orange balls and that kills the time release.

i recommend to eat it with ice cream, i've even put it in my coffee and it gives you an extra zing :)

10. KParker730

KParker730 Member

i love adderal. i only started taking it to help me study, but i found the side effects quite pleasant. i felt really euphoric and smart, but i know that doesnt happen with everyone. it is also amazing because you can study for long periods of time with no need to get up to eat, go to the bathroom, anything! when you need to get shit done, this is amazing

11. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Odd. I've never felt a damn thing off of that, except drowsiness.

I've taken up to five 10mg pills with no effect other than the very slight dizziness/drowsiness. I guess you're right, to each, his own.

12. Yahee

Yahee Member

take 80 mg of that cyclobenzaprine, ull feel ur body all relaxed of course which feels pretty good just stay a awake, a screw it go to sleep if u get sleepy

stand up and walk around,, ull notice it

13. astroneurologist

astroneurologist Member

I'll echo some of the comments in that adderall has low to no recreational use, has instant laxative effect, makes pre-existing insomnia worse, and in most circumstances is more anti-social than pro-social. It does increase tenanciousness, drive to learn, alleviates depression upon awakening and improves my ability to filter/ignore distractions. If not taken everyday there is a brief stimulant buzz.

14. MeowMix

MeowMix Member

I've snorted both kinds before they both feel the same..

15. Geneity

You've managed to crush up and snort Adderall XR? Sounds like it'd hurt a massive amount. I can;t assume it would;ve been any better snorting it, as Adderall XR is chemical time-release. Still, I'm intrigued.

For me, Adderall has a great recreational value. It makes me almost or maybe even as openly adventurous as I am when I'm drunk. It just doesn't destroy my inhibitions like alcohol =P

I have Adderall XR though, and while it's great fun for awhile, after awhile I get really paranoid, as I said before, and that just starts a whole bunch of other emotional problems. I think XR's problem is that it lasts way too long. Upwards of 10-15 hours until I can even get to sleep. That's simply way too long. I'd rather 3-5 hours.

16. HoodHop

HoodHop Member

damn i gotta try this stuff lol