acoustic guitar question

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by deadman420, Feb 1, 2005.

1. FreeDawg

FreeDawg Member

Has anybody heard the Rainsong all-graphite guitars? Not bad . . . and light as a feather, nice action. A bit bright for my blood, but a set of Martin Silk & Steels would clear that right up.

Or how about Breedlove? I do enjoy those boutique acoustics.

My absolute favorite cheap-o guitar has to be the Dean Exotica "Freedom".
    http://www.deanguitars.com/exotica_freedom.htm

2. shaba

shaba Grand Inquisitor

I ended up gettin an Oscar Schmidt by Washburn acoustic guitar. This was my first real purchase of a quality guitar. I was willing to spend up to 500 bucks but Warren the sales guy told me that if this was your first purchase and you want a quality guitar, which has a lifetime garuntee, the Oscar Schmidt was the one for me. I tried it out, sounded great! and I ended up buying it for a 150 bucks canadian! So I bought a Gator case for it too and spend $270 total for a great guitar and a case which I thought was an absolute steal for the quality I got for both the case and guitar.

Peace,

hope this helps for the beginner musicians. And if your in the Durham region in Ontario check out Legends music.

3. Time

Time Member

i think Acoustic guitars have alot more soul in them than electrics so when i do get an acoustic, i want it to be the right one.

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Holy shit Deans are horrendous but they tend to look nice. :p

As far as Rainsong goes... I really don't like them. As far as composite guitars go, I prefer CA (composite acoustics). Do you know Dave? He owns Guitar Adoptions. :D I almost bought a larrivee through him one time and I designed a $10,000-$11,000 custom shop breedlove but never bought it, a though he's had a dozen people order my model from him. :p The entire fretboard is inlaid in Abalone, but the markers are Snakewood... I tried to see how pimped I could get it, lmao. He's the number one dealer for Breedloves in the United States... Man, the bass E on those Breedloves pack so much punch it could kill somebody.

http://www.guitaradoptions.com

5. Falsedusk

Falsedusk Member

Alvarez is pretty good for a beginner. You get a really nice sound and they're around the 300-500 range.

6. Orsino2

Would depend on the model...

I'd say shoot for a used Kazuo Yairi, if you're looking at Alvarez.

7. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

The guitar won't make the music sound good, it's how you play it. And besides you could just get like a $300 guitar and some nice strings.

8. Orsino2

I own the shittiest martin in the world... :D and I change my strings on it once ever 3 months or so (I like dead strings), yet it usually sounds good... but when I play it, it feels like I'm driving a chevette or a ford pinto or something.