acid folk

Discussion in 'Folk Music' started by ladylois, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ladylois

ladylois Member

I'm looking for some ridiculously chilled acid folk, that is mind blowingly peacful and full of nothing but love hahaha.
    Any reccomendations will be much appreciated.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well, I don't really dig most of the new acid folk that I've heard (Devendra and Coco Rosie have some ok stuff, but it doesn't blow me away) but if you like peaceful acid/psych folk like that you definately need to check out the Incredible String Band, Donovan and for example the first album of Fairport Convention and Pentangle. Also try to download or find Magna Carta, especially their Lord of the ages album.

3. Roffa

Roffa Senior Member

I'm not really sure what "acid folk" means except it seems to include a lot of stuff I was listening to in the 70s. Definitely check out the earlier Incredible String Band, also bands like Trees and Forest who have recently been reissued. And Vashti Bunyan, who had a 30 year gap between her two albums - lovely stuff.

4. Captain Zeep

Captain Zeep Acoustic Hero

:spam: ***WARNING: Shamless plug***:spam:

If you are looking for ultra mellow folk about peace and love (and sometimes psychedelics) give my album a listen. Just click on the picture of my CD in my signature and follow the demo link.;)

I know that this sounds like every other cheesy spammer, but I don't normaly recommend my music to others, I let the songs speak for themselves, but in this case you described my music to a tee.

5. poopzilla33

poopzilla33 Member

pearls before swine- one nation under ground

the best chill acid folk album ever recorded

6. hannahannahannah

hannahannahannah What's a Palindrome?

Check out Spirit (check the cut Fresh Garbage for sure) a late 60s band. I've listend to them since I was about 13. http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=5780118&BAB=M

Ultimate Spinach On that, check out Visions of Your Reality, and Mind Flowers. - http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1848015&BAB=M
    A line in Visions of Your Reality goes: "Because I know you'd leave me a burnt out matchbox of forgotten roses, inside a get well card I had to address to myself..." I dare you to wrap your mind around that! :)

The Seeds http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=5254014&BAB=M
    No sound clips, but get a load of the song titles. I loved these guys growing up. Again, about 14 years old.

Maybe this isn't acid folk, but none of it is hard acid rock, that's for sure. It IS, "acid" music from the 60s - that was mindbending then, and is now a bit hokey, but still fun. Lot's of lilting thoughtful music, the Seeds are a little more rock.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ultimate Spinach are pure psychedelic rock. Except on their latest, they had some jazzy things in their songs there as well. I love them.