Abraham Lincoln

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Duncan, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

So does anyone think he was gay ?

2. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

I think he could be bi. I realize that gay men are capable of having relationships with women & be married but from what I have read about him bi sounds more feasable to me.

Now if he wore those cool dresses & corsets once in a while that would give me even more respect for him. :)

3. apple seed

apple seed Member

i never thoght that he would be but does it raelly matter now?

4. MSman

MSman Member

doubt it, but i really really dont care

5. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Member

He was bi at the least, and gay at the most. You can find letters he has written to other men and diary entries where he tells about his love for certain men he met and even slept with in his life. There is even a book currently in progress that is soon going to be published revealing this hidden aspect of his life.

He is considered to be perhaps the greatest president the US has ever seen and if and when this truth of his sexuality comes out, it just might be a sizeable step in the right direction for gay rights.

6. juggla

juggla Member

i doubt it, the only evidence there is, is he slept in the same bed with a security officer, which is a little weird but not nesacarelly(s/p?) gay.

7. Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Member

There is more evidence than that. According to some of his own lovers, whenever Lincoln's wife went away to visit relatives, he would right away send for them to come and stay with him. And according to them, it was much more than a social visit. It was intimate.

I'm quite sure that if the biographers didn't have some very damning evidence, they wouldn't be proposing to release a book on this contreversial hidden side of Lincoln's life. Publishing something like this without completely conclusive evidence is something that could easily cost someone their career. Reporting that one our country's greatest presidents might have been gay is not something that should be taken lightly. It could make or break you very quickly.

8. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

I don't really know why, but for some reason, the thought that the "Great Emancipator" who did away with the formal enslavement of my African American ancestors was either gay or bi doesn't strike me as relevant. Especially since he lived in an era when the very word "homosexual" did not even exist.

-- Skeeter

9. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

well, he did wear a top hat...

10. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

and that beard... hmm...

11. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]
    Well, I don't know if he was or wasn't but there sure seems to be a lot written about the subject these days !