About to dread a friends hair

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by skankleft, Aug 15, 2005.

1. skankleft

skankleft Member

I've convinced my friend to get dreads, he's wanted them for quite some time. I think they will really suit him. So I'm dreading his hair for him tomorrow. Woo.. Sorry about the pointlessness of this thread but I'm really excited.. dreads make me excited.

2. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Hahah, I know the feeling. Dreadlocks and future dreadheads make me happy. My cousin's gonna grow out his hair and he wants me to dread it.

I did the same to my friend.. People made fun of him for a month because they looked like poop and he combed them out.

3. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Yea post pics!!

I love being part of peoples dready process. I dad Dandelions and HippyFreaks ones and its sooo lovely to see them maturing.

4. skankleft

skankleft Member

I definatly will post pics. I'm just starting to worry that his hair isn't quite long enough.

It's exciting doing dreads, you kind of feel like the mother of them and watching them mature and constantly get more beauitful is so nice.

5. yeah skankleft i did two friends sets of dreads last wednesday.

6. pics ppl pics!!!

7. skankleft

skankleft Member

I took some pics, I'll post them when I get a URL for them.. soon.

It went pretty well. It was actually SO difficult because he has really straight, soft, short hair. It's actually like the worst hair for dreading.. and it was so short I could barely dread it.. so the tips look funny. They stick straight off his head right now. When we were walking downtown two people laughed at him.. haha it was awesome. I just really hope he understands that dreads don't happen over night.. it takes a lot of time. Sometimes people don't understand that the only way to get good dreads is time. He's chill though.. so it's all good.

8. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

im glad it worked out well for you :)