Abortion

Discussion in 'Protest' started by MaximusXXX, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Everyone always tries to shut my mouth on the subject saying it's too " sensitive " but that's what many people said during WWII in Europe about the Holocaust. Look, here's a fact, most 1st World Nations now depend on Immigration to keep their population from increasing or staying the same. Some ignorant people say we need to decrease our population, well guesse what, that's for countries such as China and India, not countries like Canada where we need more people to keep the economy moving. Then of course there's the little subject of murder of babies, now a clear number seems to be about 40 Million a year, but let's face it, that's the clear recorded number, there could be as many as 100 Million Abortions happening a year, that's more deaths than all the casualties of war.

Now, for those that say in the big picture this stabilizes the population, think about it this way, why kill a child you don't even know the capabilities, you could be killing a genius, and chances are that for at least every 10,000 abortions you've just killed at least one very intelligent kid. If you want to control population why not just have all profound retarded fetuses aborted? Or child molestors killed? Also, I know everyone wants to live long, but another horrible fact is that the average population of many 1st world nations is aging, for example, in 50 years, 60% of the population of Europe will be 50 or older, do you know why? It is because of all these machines that are used to prolong life of 80 year olds. Of course some individuals are so usefull we need them for as long as possible, so we could keep THEM alive for as long as possible through machinery or oragnic transplant.

Big reason why Abortion exists is to slow down the population growth of our planet, well guesse what, we have little choice, we need to put much more money into space research, Venus would actually be our best bet, built a hovering space station in the clouds of Venus, research has been down that it would be a good area to live as the heat 50km off the ground of Venus is very stable and the prsssure is almost like Earth. Abortion is a very immoral act that we substitude for another immoral act, which of course would be to kill all the individuals with an I.Q. below 50. Which I honestly think would be better than killing people you don't know their capabilities.

Basically I can't write out my whole stance on this, I've done a lot of my own research on the subject and our entire world is immoral in one or another, it's just that obvious immoralities are frown upon and immoralities that could help society are often rejected. Our world population needs some stabilization, we trully will have little choice in 20 or so years except to start killing off individuals who provide little to our world. Abortion is the same, except it's worse in that we don't know who we're killing.

So yeah, that is why I am against Abortion, it's like taking stabs in the dark, you don't know what you're stabbing.

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I'll be the first to respond to your poll. I feel this issue should be decided by women. No woman makes the choice to have an abortion lightly. Why men are so vocal about this issue is just another indication of their need for control.

3. peaceloveandshrooms

peaceloveandshrooms Member

I just wanna respond that I think you're only looking at one issue of abortion. Abortion is killing beings about whose intelligence you have no idea. However, the intelligence of a person is affected by genetics and also by environment. I think that the outcome would be much worse if a child was born to an individual who did not want, and was not prepared, to be a parent. The irresponsibleness of a parent will greatly affect the child. It is not fun and does not create good children to have bad parents. I believe that a woman should be able to choose because it does not do the world any good to have children brought up in bad households. I support abortion for the sake of the possible child.

4. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

Personally, I wouldn't get an abortion, but I believe it is up to the individuals to decide.

Peace and love

5. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

( 2 Posts Above )

So basically for convenience right?

In my opinion if you support Abortion that means you also support the fact that if your mother decided to kill you it'd be right.

You also have to look at it this way, if enough women decided to have an abortion the world's population would decrease.

As far as it being a woman's choice, women are biologically made to have children, I'm not trying to be controlling, it's a woman's duty, yes, duty to bring a child into this world. I'm sorry but that's how the world works.

6. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

Spoken like a young male. You will never have get pregnant. You will never give birth. You will never go through the pain and the hormones that accompany pregnancy and birth.

You have little say in the matter. Sorry. Thems the facts. Men can spout all they want about contributing DNA and whatnot, but in the end...a sperm is where their physical and biological part in pregnancy, labor, and birth ends.

I also see that your abortion stance doesn't include an exception for the mother's health and life. So I assume that you believe that it's a woman's duty to die trying to bring a baby into the world then?

*shakes head*

7. angelle

angelle Member

you should stop jerking off too... you're potentially murdering 1000 geniuses for each load of 1,000,000 sperm.

8. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

A life for a life, yes. However I'll admit I've never been in that position where I had to choose between my wife and my child, so I can't really say what I would do, but then again few can.

9. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

I've heard this too many times, please don't compare masturbation to abortion.

P.S. I was never actually that much of a masturbater as some other people, so I don't feel all that guilty.

10. shirley

shirley Member

Well although i have no personal experience on the subject, i am for abortions.
    There are so many people who simply cannot handle looking after a baby. It's unfair on both of them, eg prostitutes, druggies, young teenagers.

And about women being baby machines.. yes of course we are meant to have kids. But half of us are meant to die having them if it all went like it was meant to go. We weren't meant to have medicines and the like, but we do, so there are more kids around, adding to the huge problem of population increase.

If you want a kid, then have a kid, but please think about the earth and don't overdo it :p If you don't, then avoid getting pregnant, but if you do, then i think abortion is the best way to go, rather than an unwanted baby.

11. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

I don't think government should be invovled in it. I picked there's a better way because I don't like the way it's being handled by the politicians. I say keep the politicians out out of it.

12. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

Wow. You must really hate women if you think of us as expendable baby factories.

I doubt you'll need to worry about being in that position..ever..with that ideology. No woman in her right mind, unless she was raised by those Southern Bob Jones Baptists, would align herself with a man that would expect her to forfeit her right to live just to squeeze out spawn for you.

13. Komokwa

Komokwa Member

If this actually happened then I am afraid you will no longer be with us.

The fetus is part of the woman's body therefore they should be able to decide to do whatever they want with it.

and why the hell did you say it is the woman's duty to have a child?

what about people who do not want children?

or people who can not have children?

14. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

Oh come on, Komokwa! Don't you know that we are supposed to enslave and/or execute infertile men and women? Better yet, we are supposed to kill them and feed them to the foaming masses of children.

Soylent Green is people.

15. angelle

angelle Member

i was merely giving you a stupid answer for a stupid thread... i figured you'd identify with it. maybe the government should find a way to impregnate males. then we'd see how your view changes.. you will never ever have any idea what it's like.

16. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

I have two children, have lost one in childbirth and one to an abortion that I didnt find out about until two years after the fact. The lost ones broke my very spirit and I cant think of anything that makes me happier than my children. My mind cannot grasp why anyone would want to have an abortion unless: #1. there was something horribly wrong with the fetus or
    #2. if the mother's life was in danger or
    #3. the pregnancy was a result of rape or incest

That being said, I do not have a womb and I have absolutely no right to tell any woman what to do with her body. If a woman feels an abortion is the best thing for her then so be it. It is her choice and she has to live with the decision. The only man that should have any say at all is the father.

But Ladies, if you decide to have an abortion without telling the father, then dont wait until two years later and he's drunk out of his mind and then decide to tell him.

17. gardener

If you were a responsible father why did it take two years for you to know. How much contact did you have with the mother of your child, and responsibility were you willing to assume. Your kid would have been two years old, how much child support had you paid?

Why weren't you concerned during the nine months of gestation, and the delivery or nondelivery. Funny that you have such grave concerns two years after the fact.

18. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

Let's assume for a moment that he was there for the pregnancy and birth...because I think he probably was. However, I'm wondering if his obsession with kids is why his wife/girlfriend concealed the abortion from him. She probably didn't want to go through another miscarriage/stillbirth again, perhaps she was done having kids....but he may have laid the pressure on thick or tried to use control. perhaps treated her like how Maximus views women? Like a fetus factory?

Most women don't go behind a man's back to have an abortion without a good reason. The main reason being that they are scared that the man may try to block her choice either by legal methods or threats and abuse.

It drives me nuts when people deliberately leave out 75% of a story as if we are just supposed to automatically pat him on the back without asking questions.

19. gardener

20. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

HOW DARE YOU?

She had an abortion and didnt tell me she was pregnant.

Her reason for having the abortion was that she didn't think she was ready to have a baby. Her reason for not telling me about it was that she didnt want to hurt me. We were together for six years, five of which we lived together.

It took me two years to know because she didnt tell me until after we lost a son during delivery. After the second child died she felt guilty for not telling me about the abortion two years before. And yes, I was and am a responsible parent. I was there the entire pregancy and was in the delivery room when our little boy died. We named him and I carried his little coffin during the funeral. I hope you never have to experience burying your child.

And I dont expect a "pat on the back" for anything. My opinion is still the same. A man has no right to say shit about abortion. I dont like it, but it isnt my body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.