ABC's Wife Swap looking for Hippy Families!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by skip, Jan 30, 2005.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Oh, and for all of you who think it's "unhippy" to make money, just what are YOU livin' on?

Come on, I want to hear from ANYBODY who hasn't touched money in say the last year or so.

If you don't qualify under that definition, then don't criticize others who try to make a living, in whatever way they choose (long as it don't hurt nobody - unlike those who kill people, under the guise of being a patriot, for a living).

2. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

exactly^

there's no shame in making a life for you and your family

3. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

They could learn a few things from the Old Hippies of the world, if they were to take it to that level. But I wonder about the families that would be involved, as to say , if the hippie still smoked (pot) as a way of life and the swapper as straight called the laws, that would be an uncomfortable situation.
    To me my home is my sancuary and is sacred to me. I like to be in control of my enviroment and don't like strangers vibing my things. It's the only thing that is mine/hubby's and that we hold free and clear, the only place I am safe from negativity. I wouldn't like to swap. Visitors are fine, but swapping could be dangerous.

4. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

Money is but a tool to obatin the creature comforts we would all like to grow accustom to. I would like ooddles of money to give to the people in dier straights. There's plenty of them out there in every neighborhood in amerika. Our obbsession with money is what keeps us from it. What is yours you have and will always have, what is not will never be. We create what ever circumstance we are in. We can recreate our way out. It's a matter of the Doing, that manifests it.
    I never thought I would have and be what is today, but this was my dream when I started out on my journey and it has come back to manifest in my life. I created this dream when I was 11 or 12 right down to what my future mate would look like, as little girls do dream such dreams. Now I live what I wished for as it has been manifested by the Doing. The doing is getting out and working for it and making it happen.
    In my opinion man's idle hands only make mischief.

5. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

6. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

So you're thinking of doing it then Skip? Go on, be a representative for all of us.

7. Lights

Lights Member

It must suck to be normal. I pitty you.

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

ah skip he is around ;).. have a few folks here stayin for a while n another that may be coming in the next week or so just to collect her mind n $ (cringes;)).. other than that we be workin n working some more round here n well quite honestly someone has to entertain the troops round ere :p

9. Lights

Lights Member

If you destest us, why hang around us?

You could not even grace us with the standard "Get back to your bong hippie"? That would have put a smile on my face.

10. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Hey, I didn't ban beans. I just laughed.

11. beenbogs

beenbogs Banned

Skip, you and your moderators just don't get it do you? It is EXTREMELY easy to get back on here so why even try. IP address banning doesn't work. I'm not trying to piss you off but c'moooon!

12. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Abbie Hoffman was a self serving womanizer who did everything in his power to get media attention so he could sell books and make money on the lecture tours.There is nothing wrong with making money,but it should be done ethically.Hoffman is as bad as Jerry Falwell and all those other self appointed leaders and webmasters.Or is that too hard to understand?
    Point is no true hippie would go on that show,nor would they give a fuck about my opinion on the matter.
    But let's get real,It would be a great chance to promote your site and sell some of those posters you advertise,wouldn't it.peace

13. Lights

Lights Member

Not only can you circumvent a mod's power to stifle your bellicose behavior, but you can also mock us for such. Wow, you certainly are cool :) . And I love your use of the loco smiley, it sure does make me respect you more.

14. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Banning a bean doesn't necessarily mean we'd think you'd never come back. Just hopefully that you would get enough self-respect to prevent Yet Another banning. Think of it like a circle ohming you out of the gathering, you can certainly come back, but you will be watched and ohmed out again if you do anything wrong. My opinion. Im not a moderator, and just using "we" for effect. ;)

But I came on here to say

Fox is looking for the same thing for their same show, whateveritscalled, something close to Wife Swap. Obviously then, someone had the idea, it may have been decent at first, but now both networks are going to see if they can outdo each other with the "hippier" hippy family. The flakiest, dirtiest, freelovingest example they can find willing to make money by self-exploitation.

Let's see who wins, because obviously some hippy family is going to sign on the line for the dough. But don't both of them have the other family decide how to spend the money?????? You know Joe Normal will make hippy family get haircuts, buy department store clothes, trade in their bus for a Volvo. And the hippy family will make the other family go on a retreat, get a feng shui consultant and start an account at the Whole Foods market.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

15. beenbogs

beenbogs Banned

Congratulations. You qualify as a full fledged moron!
    Again, congrats! [​IMG]

16. Lights

Lights Member

You know, I mind fag, being somewhat true, much less than moron, as moron was a baseless insult.

17. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

"Hippy" families?

Why, there must be millions of families in America with weight problems.

18. beenbogs

beenbogs Banned

Just go to the "Undies Pic Thread" and you will see that is true.

19. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

A co worker said this has been done: Boulder White-light commune brother off to Colorado Springs biker family.
    Turned out well, from what she said (she's biker)

20. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

clarification- husband swap special