ABC's Wife Swap looking for Hippy Families!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by skip, Jan 30, 2005.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

My name is Jennifer Weeks and I'm a Casting Producer for the new hit ABC TV show Wife Swap. In case you are not familiar with the show, each episode of Wife Swap involves two families who swap one parent from each household (we could swap the Mom or Dad) for ten days to experience how other families run their lives. (Oprah Winfrey has spotlighted Wife Swap on her own show a few times.) We are extremely interested in highlighting a family who lives a hippy lifestyle on an upcoming episode of Wife Swap and I'm hoping you may have suggestions as to families who could be great for our show, or that you would be willing to send this information to members of your community who might be interested. Or could this info be posted on one of your boards? We are looking for a family with two parents and at least 1 child (who is over the age of 6).

Jen Weeks
    jen.weeks@rdfmedia.com

2. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

"We are extremely interested in highlighting a family who lives a hippy lifestyle"

More like "We are extremely interested in exploiting and making an example of..."

3. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

LMAO... that show is funny

4. Jalapeno Red

Jalapeno Red Member

What you really want is a caricatured "hippy family" that way you can reaffirm all the prejudices of all the couch cows that revel in the humiliation and demise of the human concience.

If you really want to do something interesting and worthwhile trade Laura Bush for a mother over in Fallujah.

That way we denigrate the way those people live and make ourselves feel better about sending more to the slaughter, so that those horrible ignorant people may become enlightened.

How about doing a series where we actually teach people a better way? How about a series that encourages the Human Spirit? Send out some "sages" to help out families that are deperately in need of help?

It is not that I feel ambivalent about "Wife Swap", I actually despise it.

5. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

yessss....join them in getting publicly humiliated and look like a fool for a few bucks. ROLF~! Haven't watched the big three networks in ages. Too many things that don't insult my intelligence on instead.

6. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

we have wife swap on channel here in the uk, and it sucks! to be honest its just a load of pikey families swearing and being argumentative and violent....boring! im with jalapeno reds suggestion about laura bush and a mother in fallujah...

7. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Yeah man...swapping dubyas blow horse for an iraqi mom would be awesome. Isn't it great the way corporations are suddenly "interested" in the hippy lifestyle? whats the betting they'll swap with some up there own ass from beverley hills or something...

8. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

i think i love you

9. MagicHippie

MagicHippie Member

~Flame on~ and Burn Baby Burn this thread...lol

10. Jalapeno Red

Jalapeno Red Member

I love you too Sister Water Dreamer

11. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Boy,I had some smart ass comments lined up for this one,but you guys have all outdone me.Brings a tear to my eye.I appreciate all your comments hope they take their hippie prejudices elsewhere.They're looking for some eccentric nut playing their idea of a hippie not a true hippie if there is such a thing.peace

12. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

oh man ,,, guess they dont want our lil hippy family, gee fawkin shucks,,, one man one woman,,,oops we got that one man two women,,, one nuts ,,,:O n well we had the kid but shit damn he is a lil peckerhead n in a juvy home,,,, .. wait,,, we true hippies n all,,, sorta kinda, weopen our doors to one n all so lord only knows who n whats round here at any given moment,,,, well guess i best stop while i am ahead before we give abc another brainiac idea,,,,:p

13. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

I think they should get a tweeker family.

14. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Exactly

15. skip

And here I was envisioning Hippyhillbilly puttin' everyone in their place on that show! (LOL!) Where is he anyway?

Sounds to me like somebody from here SHOULD go on and set the record straight if that's how y'all feel!

16. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

good point :D

17. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

omg... I wish he'd go on there. :D That would be so awesome...

18. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

i think we should all go on there :H

19. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

don't you get it there is no record to set straight.All you would be doing is selling out and playing their game.

20. skip

Gate, guess you've never heard of Abbie Hoffman. I guess you think he was a sellout too.

Abbie took every chance he could find to spoof the media at their own game. Or is that too hard to understand?

Selling out what anyway?

Selling out a granfalloon?

Selling out a false image that others have?

Get real! It don't matter shit.

You don't like it, don't do it, but where do you get off tellin' others what to do?