Aaaaaaand I'm poor...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by FireflyInTheDark, Jan 17, 2009.

1. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

My stepdad got laid off. We're fucked.
    He's racked up several thousand dollars in debt renovating the bathroom and has huge taxes and bills on the house.
    All of my mother's money goes to supporting my aunt, who can't get any kind of aid even though she's floundering and on the verge of losing her own job.
    I'm in the middle of a full-time volunteer internship for a credit that I need to graduate from college (of which I have two more semesters, plus two night classes at another college) and I have no time to work until February.
    My boyfriend works for peanuts at the local movie gallery and it's all he can do to keep gas in his car to take me to and from my no-pay "job" and money in the bank to pay his credit card payments.
    The cat is acting sick.
    The washing machine is making a weird humming noise.
    The door doesn't shut on the new bathroom.
    We're constantly running out of shit.
    It's winter and I can't grow anything.
    What the fuck...
    Does anyone know if there are any of those "assemble CD cases for cash!" things that actually work? Maybe I should go check out Craigslist...

2. -Stevey-

-Stevey- Member

That sucks. Keep your head up, things will work out. Maybe you can apply for social servies or something? Sorry i'm not very helpful I know, just try to stay positive and make the most out of what you got.Again i'm not very helpful...

3. Anistaulia

Anistaulia Member

I'm not exactly in the best positions in life either. Things are getting crappy out there. But here is the little I know that might help. Sit down plan out any hours you have free that you can work and go apply everywhere. Very literally. Apply as a waitress, as a bus girl a dishwasher, secretary, cook, anything and every where even if they don't have displayed help wanted signs or what not. Cleaning jobs are always good. Yes they suck cause you have to clean up after other people, but the hours are really flexible and it pays pretty well cause no one wants to do it. I hope I helped you a little bit, the best of luck to you!

4. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

And good luck to you! :)
    I actually have a job lined up in February when I go back to school, because they feel sorry for me, lol. I was awarded workstudy, which means I can work for a set amount of cash I've been awarded by the college. It's just that I have to wait until the end of the month to even begin work... Feels so far away, and I know I'm not going to get much out of it when I get my check, but meh, at least then I will be contributing...