A Word of Comfort to My Vegan Friends.

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Jimbee68, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

It must be hard to be vegan. And I realize that. So do a lot of other people, I'm sure.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Let me explain.

Technology may come to the rescue some day. There's hope in the future. A couple of years ago, they grew meat in a Petri dish. Imagine that! I don't know what became of the experiment. But that is reason for hope, if you're vegan.

Also I have to tell you, there's a right way and a wrong to win over the carnivore barbarians. Don't make it a moral issue. People don't like that. Tell people how unhealthy it is. And remind them how disgusting it is too. I just realized that recently myself.

But above all else, keep your hope alive. The past might belong to the savages and the carnivores. But the future is unwritten and belongs to all of us.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Soo lemme get this straight. You're not a vegan or vegetarian which is clearly stated in your first sentence. You didn't say it was hard, you said it must be hard, indicating you don't try it.

You then apply this "don't make it a moral issue" but then choose words to offend anybody that doesn't follow the same lifestyle you don't even follow.

And to top it off, you use biased information that holds no ground or validity to your argument. You also talk about an unwritten future while declaring there's light at the end of the tunnel.

You really don't know what you're talking about lol, but it was just a G'up thread, I know.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As of 2017 there were around 23 billion chickens in the world

Poultry: number of chickens worldwide, 2017 | Statistic

About 3 for every human, at any one point in time.

Americans, and assumedly most people in first world countries average eating about 26 chickens a year.

So that 23 billion turns over every 6 weeks or so. So its really like 100 billion different chickens a year.

So if someone wants everyone on the planet to turn vegan, they also dont want 100 billion chickens a year to experience life, existing. 1 trillion in 10 years

Irminsul likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've been saying exactly that for years, man. Nobody thinks like that though, all that extra methane gas in the atmosphere and stuff. Not a thought.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Correct, many vegans are OK with cows and chickens not existing. They are only there for us to eat. So of course they do not exist in nature, we have breed them to die. Better not to live than to live in pain.

I've heard this many times. Some meat eaters says hey you must hate animals since the chickens will die if we don't eat them lol

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I enjoy eating like a barbarian. I ain't about to give it up.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

How do free range chickens live in pain?

It would be a trillion chickens in 10 years not even existing, never experiencing life, the sunlight, smell of the flowers, having kids if we all went vegan.

And they are killed humanely, wild chickens just get torn apart by cats and foxes.

Vegans are sooooo mean

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

have you ever met a chicken? i'm pretty sure the only thought that goes through their head in their entire lifetime is "me swallow this."

their favorite thing about having kids is eating them afterwards.

9. People always tell me they want to eat my rabbits. I tell them they will eat my fist first

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You dont have any fists?

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Baagurkr!

Its like tindr but for chickens

12. I have 2

13. When are people going to realize that what you think isn't what you experience. The truth is that chickens are a living abacus. They are cohesively calculating something. Something to which, if we only knew the answer to, could quite possibly save the planet. Don't kill them. Run the numbers. You will be amazed.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Save some chickens, eat the vegans

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

True old school farming was a little less cruel With human population now this is not possible we need too much meat so conditions are cramped and cruel since who cares we are going to kill it anyway. Depending on what we call "free range" the chicken may not be that stressed in life. But this is very uncommon in farming. Vegans focus more on the ethics of having the chicken in the first place and assume that with modern farming techniques it is in pain.

If an animal is hunted in the wild that is nature. I don't deny nature is cruel and many things die. But the animal has the chance to live free and escape. We as humans have the higher thinking and biology to not eat animals. Other animals don't get to make that choice.

16. storch

storch banned

It's probably useless to argue or otherwise try to reason with peoples' indifference to the pain and misery of beings other than themselves.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  17. Especially when I'm stoned, eating meat just makes me sick to my stomach. It just all comes flooding in that I'm, in fact, eating a corpse. It doesn't really matter what the corpse's thoughts were. It's still flesh.

I mean, how is it really that different from being a zombie and eating flesh? It's all so impure.

And also, people never really gave vegetables a chance. They can be so tasty.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

All we are saaaaying......is give peas a chance

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Peas suck. Corn is good though, but it doesn't get digested in my body.

Atm I love every vegetable I couldn't stand as a kid, those being pumpkin, cauliflower and brocolli. I can't get enough of them, even though cauliflower and brocolli aren't actually digested pleasantly by my body either.. But they still taste.very nice. :)

20. Are you serious? Peas are great!

Yeah, they do taste great. Brussels sprouts, too. I had a professional chef cooking for me for a while. I miss those veggies. Now all I eat is fast food.