A Strange Bug?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Jul 14, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Okay, so I have a question about a bug... lately there has been a ton of ants in here... need to get ant spray tomorrow... they are starting to bother me!

But... that is not the question... I have now seen, in the past two days, 3 of these bugs that I've never seen before...
    they are small-maybe a half an inch or less in size and thin and they are always on the floor crawling very fast... I can tell they don't fly... here is what is freaky- what they look like.. the best way and really the only way I would know how to explain it is, they look like ... what pics of sperm look like.. kinda that odd cylinder space- so they are just long and thin and kinda shaped like a tube?-fatter on the top and then become thinner?- They really look like a cartoon drawing of a sperm... I have never ever seen them before and like I said they are very small but they are freaking me out because they are just so damn weird looking...
    would anyone have any clue what they might be?

Oh! and they are light in color... pale..

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

silverfish.. ?

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

and... they move fast on the floor but you can't see any legs... they seem to just- glide... glide along on the floor.

i'm wondering if they are some kind of baby bug that I would recognize if they were grown up?

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I don't know what that is, though it sounds scary... lol

going to google images now..

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate silverfish

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

yuck. no, not that. thankfully. but it is the same shape. that was too big and too dark.

these are so small and transparent in color that if I hadn't been looking at the floor at the ants I wouldn't have ever even seen them..

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

though you know what... when I went to google search not images and searched for "small bug transparent sperm like shape fast"... this was the first thing that came up-

"Finally the male lays a spermatophore, a sperm capsule covered in ... When the nymphs hatch, they are whitish in colour, and look like smaller adults. As they ... name comes from the insect's distinctive metallic appearance and fish-like shape."

so i'm wondering if they are possibly baby silverfish?

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

silverfish can be transparent too..

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa....
    why no matter how I make my search do bed bugs keep coming up?

if there is any possibility of that...well, I don't know.. but the other thing is- even when I don't go outside something has been biting the fuck outta me lately. got bug bites all over and never see anything biting me..

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Can you just take a picture of them?

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I don't know man. Maybe they are silverfish. I need to stop thinking about bugs. Uggh. Yuck. I would like to know what they are though.

Yea I'll take a pic if I can. They aren't all over the place. I've only seen 3 and I killed those bitches quick but I'll try next time I see one. Those things are FAST.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

a Diplura.. ? thats my last and final guess..Around 800 species have been described, of which around 70 occur in North America,[

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Uh... guys... could they be bed bug nymphs? I mean... could there be bed bugs here if no one went on vacation or did anything to bring home bed bugs like traveled or slept elsewhere?

14. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Kill them

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Diplura.. no...too big...

These things really look kinda similar to ants only soo small and transparent and I don't know..the bed bug thing has me a bit bugged out now...

I hate bugs man.

I don't know...they move like ants... I just looked at pics of about 200 bugs it seems like and I still have no clue.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

looks like ants, then its termites..

[​IMG]

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Gasp.

Maaaybe.

geezus h... I hope not...we rent this place and I want to move in the fall anyways but yuck...

(edit I don't know... I don't think these things have wings... i'm just gonna carry around the cell phone constantly and try to get a pic if and when I see one again)

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

$8.00 kills and puts a stop to just about every annoying home insect..

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

^^^^Yep. I am buying that tomorrow

:2thumbsup:

if for no other reason these ants are getting to be ridiculous.

20. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

What you think are ants could instead be worker termites as they do not have wings and look similar to ants. :(