A sober reevaluation of my herb use!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by telephone, Jan 27, 2009.

1. telephone

telephone weird

I decided to take a long break from smoking weed so I could get my shit together and just remember what it's like to be sober every single day. I feel better than I have in a while. I haven't smoked in about two weeks. I forgot what it felt like to be in a completely natural state of mind for more than a few days at a time. I have more mental energy and patience and just a more positive state of mind in general.
    I was smoking probably like 2-5 times a week (I had already cut way back from high school when I had been smoking multiple times every day), and sometimes on days off from work I would smoke with friends for hours on end, doing nothing but smoking (I'm through with that, I never really liked just sitting there anyway. I was always trying to get them to go outside and enjoy nature and stuff).
    I plan on staying sober for at least another month or so, and when I do start smoking again I only want to do it on occasion.
    I was abusing it, therefore not reaping the benefits to their fullest potential. In the future, I will be using herb on my own to be closer to God, and sometimes to bond with friends. Maybe twice a week at most, i am thinking?
    I no longer wish to use herb as a means of escapism; recreationally, but rather as an aid for meditation and expanding consciousness.
    I hope you all realize the potential of this mystical weed :)
    Peace and Love:piggy:

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Definetely, I agree 100% with you. Weed affects different people differently, but there is a significant minority/majority, like you and i, who experience neutral/negative affect, amotivation, difficulty concentrating, lack of interest in anything, etc, after even a short bit of habitual use.

I smoked every day in the summer, and was having major side effects.

I took 3 months off except for the occasional joint bi-weekly or so.

Then I smoked again daily for a month straight (ending that month right now) and I notice those effects are back.

Thankfully they go away quite quickly once you stop.

marijuana is still magic <3

3. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

You gotta to do what's right for you :) I am on a break too maybe in 2 months I might ask my sister to bring me some up, still thinking about

4. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

Personally with my being high school aged(graduated though) I'm always done for doing nothing but get high all day. But I've been thinking that next month when I turn 18 *W00T* and get a job, I'll cut down to a joint or bowl for a wake & bake and then a joint right after work with one following while I relax at home. Of course for my days off I'll blaze blaze blaze.

But I know what you mean about quiting for a while. I quit for all of June and most of July and I was a lot different. Its a funky thing.