A scientific evidence made a famous Professor Atheist believes in God

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by catstevens, Aug 16, 2005.

1. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

No, I wouldnt argue, I quite like that actually.

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I love turkey... I don't go to the vegetarian forum and talk about it.

Why are you going to the science forum and talking about god? Gods as scientific as turkey is vegetarian, and you're convuluted arguments about the comlexity of life and your high school understanding of embryonic development don't change that.

Well I'm glad things are working out for you, but some of the rest of us don't care.

Feel free to write your threads, but you are breaking forum guidlines about inappropriate posting locations, so I'm going to PM a mod and ask them to move this thread to the religion section.

Nothing personal, but god isn't science.

have a nice day.

3. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

kif

It is the same dear brother goes to you; peace, love, harmony and all that good stuff and yeah I will never stop believing never ever (Guaranteed 1000 000%), it goes without saying it :)

Lodui

Hold on man, how many times I should quote this, did you read the article very well? Didn't you read the following?

NEW YORK Dec 9, 2004 — A British philosophy professor who has been a leading champion of atheism for more than a half-century has changed his mind. He now believes in God more or less based on scientific evidence, and says so on a video released Thursday.

The video draws from a New York discussion last May organized by author Roy Abraham Varghese's Institute for Metascientific Research in Garland, Texas. Participants were Flew; Varghese; Israeli physicist Gerald Schroeder, an Orthodox Jew; and Roman Catholic philosopher John Haldane of Scotland's University of St. Andrews.

Yet biologists' investigation of DNA "has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce (life), that intelligence must have been involved," Flew says in the new video, "Has Science Discovered God?",

so I wrote my comments on the Article and I remembered the verse which Allah stated it: '' We will show them our signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quraan) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?''41:35. 51:20: And on earth are signs for those who have faith with certainly.21: And also in your ownselves. Will you not then see?

So, Mr. flew believed in God from the signs which Allah talked about it universe and we, then I posted an example

Which is totally a scientific example with images.

whatever, that's what you think and it's up to you, and yeah enjoy your turkey .

if course there are who care and others who don't, and those who don't care nobody obligate them to read and share in my posts!! Are you talking seriously, come on.

Enjoy your turkey :)

YoursSincerely,

CatStevens

4. kif

kif Member

In your last post, I never said any of those things except the first.

5. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

The universe is so complex god must have created it. God must be even more complex, but I can easily accept that god has always existed.

I'm not very logical am I.

6. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

Religion isnt something people should debate. Let people believe what makes them happy. Im not religous, but i know you don't need to evidence to prove faith.

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

A philosophy professor talking about biological complexity isn't scientific, it's philosophical, if you wan't to talk philosohpy, thats fine, but if you want to talk about science, which you clearly did by posting here. expect people to challenge you, because unlike religion, debate about the validity of claims is the essence of science.

If you want to playin the realm of science, expect to have your evidence reviewed by your peers.

I don't really have much desire to post conflicting evidence about your claims of embryonic development, that applies to all stages, *obtains sustainence from the mother.* the obvious * everyone knew of an umbilical cord* or the inane, *looking like a blood clot*

If god want's to show us signs of his existance, why didn't he say something like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammalian_embryogenesis

Does god not know as much as wikipedia?

8. catstevens

kif

Click here

God's existence dear to me doesn't need explanation because it is too clear so you are logical and sane too.

Nice room man :)

Lodui
    Philosophy , biological complexity… let the PM decide, I don't have time to this I clarified my point of view and that's it.

everyone! i am talking about the time of ...let me quote it is more better

Quote from catstevens posts:

'' We will show them our signs in the universe, and in their own slaves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quraan) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?''

Chapter: 41, verse: 25&23.

God supported His last Prophet Muhammad pbuh with many miracles and evidences which proved that he is a true Prophet sent by God. Also, God supported His last revealed book, the Holy Quraan, with many miracles that prove that this Quraan is the literal word of God, revealed by Him, and that it was not authored by any human being.

The Quraan, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago, mentioned facts only recently discovered or proven by scientists. This proves without doubt that the Quraan must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him to the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, and that the Quraan was not authored by Muhammad pbuh or by any other human being. This also proves that Muhammad pbuh is truly a prophet sent by God. It is beyond reason that anyone fourteen hundred years ago would have known these facts discovered or proven only recently with advanced equipment and sophisticated scientific methods. One example followè (The Quraan on Human Embryonic Development)
    How could Muhammad have possibly known all this 1400 years ago, when scientists have only recently discovered this using advanced equipment and powerful microscopes which did not exist at that time? Hamm and Leeuwenhoek were the first scientists to observe human sperm cells (spermatozoa) using an improved microscope in 1677 (more than 1000 years after Muhammad ). They mistakenly thought that the sperm cell contained a miniature preformed human being that grew when it was deposited in the female genital tract.6

Professor Emeritus Keith L. Moore
    7is one of the world’s most prominent scientists in the fields of anatomy and embryology and is the author of the book entitled The Developing Human, which has been translated into eight languages. This book is a scientific reference work and was chosen by a special committee in the United States as the best book authored by one person. Dr. Keith Moore is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada. There, he was Associate Dean of Basic Sciences at the Faculty of Medicine and for 8 years was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy. In 1984, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. He has directed many international associations, such as the Canadian and American Association of Anatomists and the Council of the Union of Biological Sciences.
    In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Moore said: “It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Quraan about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of God.”8 (To view the RealPlayer video of this comment click here ).

Consequently, Professor Moore was asked the following question: “Does this mean that you believe that the Quran is the word of God?” He replied: “I find no difficulty in accepting this.”9

During one conference, Professor Moore stated: “....Because the staging of human embryos is complex, owing to the continuous process of change during development, it is proposed that a new system of classification could be developed using the terms mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah (what Muhammad said, did, or approved of). The proposed system is simple, comprehensive, and conforms with present embryological knowledge. The intensive studies of the Quran and hadeeth (reliably transmitted reports by the Prophet Muhammad’s companions of what he said, did, or approved of)
    in the last four years have revealed a system for classifying human embryos that is amazing since it was recorded in the seventh century A.D. Although Aristotle, the founder of the science of embryology, realized that chick embryos developed in stages from his studies of hen’s eggs in the fourth century B.C., he did not give any details about these stages. As far as it is known from the history of embryology, little was known about the staging and classification of human embryos until the twentieth century. For this reason, the descriptions of the human embryo in the Quran cannot be based on scientific knowledge in the seventh century.

The only reasonable conclusion is: these descriptions were revealed to Muhammad from God. He could not have known such details because he was an illiterate man with absolutely no scientific training.”11 (View the RealPlayer video of this comment ).

Footnotes:

6) The Developing Human, Moore and Persaud, 5th ed., p. 9.

(7) Note: The occupations of all the scientists mentioned in this web site were last updated in 1997.

(8) The reference for this saying is This is the Truth (videotape). For a copy of this videotape, please visit this page.

(9) This is the Truth (videotape).

(10) This is the Truth (videotape). For a copy, see footnote no. 9.

Is it possible that Muhammad might have claimed prophethood ?

Allah stated:

'' Neither did you (O Muhammad) read any book before it (this Quraan), nor did you write any book (whatsoever) with your right hand. In that case, indeed the followers of falsehood might have doubted''

Chapter: 29, verse: 48
    This is a proof that the Quraan is from the God (WORD of the LORD) Because the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was illiterate in both (reading, writing), then he bring the Quraan,'' In that case, indeed the followers of falsehood might have doubted'' that if Muhammad (PBUH) was reading or writing then the disbelievers will be in doubt and they will say perhaps

Muhammad learned that or read it in some where! But they didn't say that because they know that Muhammad was orphan (father &mother) , Poor and illiterate in both (reading, writing). He was living between them. Consequently, how did Muhammad (PBUH) was knowing what was written in the Gospel & Torah?? How did he know the stories about the previous messengers of God which has written in the Gospel & Torah??!! Surely, Allah has told him.

Allah stated:
    '' And messengers we have mentioned to you before, and messengers we have not mentioned to you,… ''

Chapter: 4, verse: 164.
    '' We relate to you (Muhammad) the best of stories through our revelations to you, of this Quraan. And before this (i.e. before the coming of the Divine Revelation to you), you were among those who knew nothing about it ''
    Chapter: 12, verse: 3

That's what I have, I don't want to discuss the same issue again we already did,
    Peace
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

9. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

I have no objection to the presence of god or not being discussed in this forum, infact I would say they are amongst sciences ultimate questions. However the debate over which religion is 'right' is not a matter for this forum. Spending most of my time on a uni campus I know people from most of the major religions all of whom are totally convinced they are right. Clearly people are having differing experiences but these are of a spirtual nature not a physical nature and as such are not for here. My guess is no one is right otherwise I cant see how there'd be so many differences but still.

10. Cerberus

Cerberus Member

Why even bother with this guy, he's like fransico with a muslim coat on:)

11. catstevens

I am not debating that, read my posts carefully.

Morning has broken like the first morning… black birds has spoken like first bird
    Humm hmm hmmè (*Humming*) wow I am in mood, enjoy your time folks :)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

12. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

You've only really mentioned one religion so far, which im going to go out on a limb a suggest is your own.

13. kif

kif Member

Catstevens, I still never said anything to you about turkey, your convuluted arguments or that the rest of dont care about your beliefs or whatever, I did say peace love harmony and all that good stuff though. I just dont want to be made out to be an asshole.

14. catstevens

fat tony

Is that means that I am debating over which religion is 'right'? of course I will mention one religion (Islam) as a Moslem? Come on!
    click here and read my response to Lodui

kif

hahaha, hahaha yeah yeah it is a typo I will edit it right now, sorry man hahaha I will be more careful next time in Quoting :)
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

15. YellowBellyHippy

YellowBellyHippy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Allah Balla Shmalla Falla

Blah Blah Blah :rolleyes: