a really big mindfuck i dont understand, please help.

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by hebrewnational00, Apr 22, 2007.

1. hebrewnational00

hebrewnational00 Senior Member

philosophers, n scientist say that if u truely beleive in something 100 percent everything is possible, in other words if u fully beleive and kno that u could walk on water or fly, u REALLY COULD. ur the center of ur universe, ur the only one exsisting as u kno it, so ur in control of YOUR world.

according to that theory, while experimenting with psychadelics, some ppl truely beleive they could fly, WHY CANT THEY?! if thats true^^^^^?????

or lets say while ur trippin on acid or shrooms u see a face in a tree staring at u or u hear the wind talkin to you or singin, how is it NOT REAL?! all ur sences and everything SHOW u its real, how could u argue that its fake?!

2. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

because people can't really fly or walk on water

3. badmilk

badmilk Member

I see what you're sayin, and the hallucinations thing has got me thinkin now =] thanks for that lol.

4. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

That depends entirely on your personal opinion about what is real.
    We do not think enough about our personal experience of what life is.
    Imagine that YOU alone exist in the world and the universe.

Who would you argue with?

5. hebrewnational00

the thing is idk what to bleieve lol, but its certainly a possibilty that, Every human being IS the creator, IS god!. I kno im alive, I CANNOT prove that ur alive....
    cuz im alive, i could sense things, i could see things, i could hear things.
    What does what i see come from?! (not the eyes) but the BRAIN.
    it is proven that every human being could change his brain over time, over an experiance, so if u were to take 10 hits of strong acid, n u were to see trees dancing talking and stuff like that, Who are u to say what u experianced wasnt real. if u ask me its as REAL as it gets:)

6. hebrewnational00

also when ur on psychadelics such as shrooms or acid, time is meaningless it feels like ur stuck in a loop of time, ur living n moving normal speed, but ull look at the clock now, and then look at the clock again 30 minutes later, only to find out that 30 minutes havent passed, but only 5 minutes have passed. ISNT that an example of time slowing down?!?...

7. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

That is an example of your "perception of time slowing down". Even though you have perceived it as slower you are misreading the reality due to the drugs. If you were on drugs all the time and stopped would that mean that time sped up? Of course not - the Earth and moon et al has not ceased or changed their rotations.

8. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I remember a "Faces of Death" video where the guy (on PCP) believed he could fly. Well to make a long story short, after the "jump" he didn't even bounce. I think he encountered a greater reality.

9. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

Well you see, the thing is people can't fly or walk on water. At least not in their waking life. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you just watched The Secret, which is a piece of shit concocted to rob poor helpless bastards who want to make their lives better. It may offer hope but it offers nothing in terms of a real solution. If I sit here and think about getting a sick new job, I'm probably gonna waste a lot of time, but I'm certainly not gonna get a new job. The message that I think the Secret is getting at but fails to really cover is if you really want something, you have to act like you've got a pair and just go out and fucking do it. If you refuse to be denied then you won't be. But lets try to keep it within the realm of possibility.

10. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

because of a little thing called physics...sure someone can walk on water just because they think they can. and because they think they can the laws of physics dont mean anythinga anymore. yeah that makes sence!

11. hebrewnational00

lol im not saying it makes scense or its true, i just saw this video with some psychologists and scientists talkin about the laws of physics and reality and stuff like that...explainin all their theories, i thouht that one was interesting b/c this guy said if u truely believe in it than its possible..but yea i just wanted to hear wat some ppl think:)

peace

12. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

hmm interesting point. but as i like to think of things logically and what can be easily proved i dont buy it. But by all means it could happen.....maybe.

13. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

This is completely true. There is no external reality -- it's all in our minds. Therefore, if we believe we can fly, we can, at least in our own mind. Other people who don't believe people can fly will not see it. This is because our temporal lobe edits over 50% of the information gathered by our eyes to fit our preconceived beliefs. There is no reality. Anything is possible.

You've really got it with the whole "If I can see it, what makes it not real?" Exactly. People have differing versions of reality, and none of them are more real than any other. If everyone in the world was having the same hallucinations (for the sake of argument), then what could make it not real? Every other time everyone can see something, it's real. When some people can see something and most can't, the ones who can are said to be seeing something that "isn't there". But that's bullshit. If you can see it, it's there as much as anything else it. Just not everyone can see it.

14. hebrewnational00

see the way me and you view stuff like that is very similar LOL, i guess im not a wierdo:)

thats what i was sayin, like if someone eats an 1/8 of shrooms and sees the t.v transform into a talkin robot, its just like anything else u see, its real to you..thats all that matters. what ever u percieve is reality to you, so if u percieve something that other ppl dont, doesnt mean YOUR reality doesnt still Exist...if u see some crazy shit, the way i look at it is "fuck it, its just as real as everything else, its coming outta the same eyes with the same brain"

15. hebrewnational00

also u cant prove anyone elses reality nor existance, therfore what u feel and percieve, u kno is there, u kno your "alive", so everthing in your life is REAL, regardless.

lol hahaha ALSO!!

this is a great example of somethin i was thinkin of...
    this fucks with ppl and psychadelics a lot, lets say ur trippin and seeing some crazy stuff, what u see is soo outta da ordinary everyday life, no one would ever believe ur seeing those things, when u try to explain what ur seeing u get tangled in, tip of the tounge phenomenon and blurr out non sence, but you REALLY ARE SEEING W/E...and no one could see what ur seeing, and no one might believe you!

now when a freind tells u he made a hook shot from half court playin basketball, which is totally possible u dont believe him LOL, but he might have made it, and he knows he has, but that information is dead to you! but as REAL as it gets to him:)

16. Peace Child

Peace Child Member

Hebrewnational, that was pretty weird the way you put it. But your right, but I guess it's just because of your brain. But if you really want to see if this works, just actually want to walk on water and try, I doubt youll get more then 2 millimeters until you start going deeper and deeper. It's just physics.

17. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

The laws of physics only apply if you believe they do.

18. toastacidblocks

toastacidblocks Member

if that is true, no one can walk on water becasue they cant focus %100 percent, becasue its not possible imo, theres to many limitations telling you you cant, and if you believe in jesus/god maybe jesus was the UBER focuser...idk

and the physics make the focusing and walking IMPOSSIBLE. lol

and its only real in the sense that YOU ARE experienceing it.

tell the truth this isnt a huge mind fuck...just think about it a bit

19. toastacidblocks

toastacidblocks Member

now that you say that i decided not to believe, so im gonna try to jump out my window and stop midair then float myself to the nearest tree and not actually sit on it, but go right through it to the ground then walk back in my house.

that wasnt a "deep" or "mystical" statement it was just fucking stupid.............

20. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Whether it was deep or mystical or not, it's the truth. Believing in something isn't a conscious decision. It's ingrained deeply in your subconscious. You have to reprogram yourself, to the point where when now you would look out your window and say "I'll fall", you have to be able to look at it and know you won't, and have no possibility of falling even enter your mind.

You would say "I believe" and try to float out your window, but in your head you'd be saying "this is stupid, it's not going to work, and damn is he gonna look stupid when I fall out my window." You don't just say "I believe" and have it work. You must first disconnect yourself from the illusion in which we are all so firmly grounded.

How to people walk on hot coals without burning their feet? What about this? Read under the Inedia heading. There are countless examples of people breaking these laws that you take to have no exception. This is because they only exist if we believe they do. In this case, it was her belief in Jesus that gave her this ability. But Jesus had nothing to do with it. She could have believed in any religion, or none at all, and still done this. Religion is just a mental tool, though the people using it don't realize it.