A Question On Smell

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Vincent2012, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Vincent2012

Vincent2012 Perpetual Smiler

So, I'll be moving to Panama sometime this year, and will be growing pot in an underground compound. From what I understand, pot creates a very potent smell, and the room will need to be ventilated...so...

Question 1: How do we cover the smell of a large pot farm so that no one above ground can smell it?

Question 2: Would having the pot farm below a pig farm mask the smell?

Question 3: Would running pot air through a water system, then a charcoal system work?

Question 4: Would running the pot air through a water system, and then the water through a tilapia hydroponic system work?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

find stains with little aroma ..

you have pig farm??

I dont know about filtering air thru some water and charcoal.. Its possible to do I suppose.

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

An ozone machine eliminates ALL odors. They use it after house fires to get rid of the smell. But you can't run it all the time.....you need a special timer. When I used them I would run it for 15 min every two hours, and that worked great. i had 80-100 plants on rotaion in the attic of my apartment with no ventilation system, and smell was never an issue. They say it could be harmful to humans if you leave it on all the time though.

4. Vincent2012

no, I don't have a pig farm, but I will if it will cover the smell.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

pigs are too much trouble....chickens might be easier in panama....hot sun on chicken shit is quite the aroma...and chicken shit is high in nitrogen

i'm guessing weed is about 500 a pound in panama...wont be easy to make money

6. Vincent2012

it will actually be for personal use, and we won't be selling--- at least I wouldn't intend on selling. I'm not a drug dealer, just a drug user, and I use more for anti-anxiety, sleep issues, and spirituality. The gentleman I live with is 48 and got his first taste of pot due to a horrid bout of vomiting after a minor surgery. For him, not eating for 8-12 hours literally sends him into starvation mode. He has the metabolism of a rabbit on speed, and 0% body fat.

He wants to grow it for edibles to get all the health benifits without the actual high like smoking does. I myself wouldn't mind having to never ask for pot again, and at the rate I smoke it, a gram lasts me months.

7. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

it surely is... know somebody who used chicken poo pellets on there garden it was the summer of none of the neighbours opening there windows.

8. Vincent2012

Very good to know :) I'll certainly have plenty of chickens when the time comes to build the system.

9. JimTripp

JimTripp Guest

You cant just buy weed on the streets in Panama?

10. MotoXchika

MotoXchika Members

Marijuana is not a drug. It's an herbal alternative to drugs

11. SipCity

SipCity Members

Some wise answers here

12. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

1. depends on how many plants. If not many, you can use charcoal filters before/after your ventilation fans. I suppose with a bigger outfit you could make your own. Just go buy some grilling charcoal and make your own casing for a larger filter. The filters only last so long, so you'll have to change occasionally.

2. Bad idea. Pig farms are horrible with flies and other unwanted varmints/germs. You want your atmosphere to be as clean from this type of environment as possible.

3. not sure, worth looking into though. might be a good idea!

4. Same as #3. I like that idea too. More research!

Good luck with things!!