A polite notice

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbus

Balbus Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi

A lot of what is appearing on the Politics forum these days is just culture war propaganda and even out and out lying not genuine discussion or debate.

I hope this will stop but if hope doesn’t work other avenues might need to be taken

Debate can become passionate even robust and that is a good thing BUT it has to remain rational but some people having no rational arguments are falling back on lies or emotional arguments that are meant to raise an emotional response driving out any possibility of rational and honest debate.

It becomes less about bringing knowledge or enlightenment or making a rational point and just descends into unexplained and unsubstantiated statements, snide asides and lies.

It is basically trolling – purposely trying to destroy the purpose of the forum

Thing is if people don’t want to debate honestly then why come to a place that is meant to be about honest debate other than to try and stop that debate.

And I’m asking them to please enter into the spirit of the forum or just stop posting here.

Balbus – Politic forum moderator

2. ZenKarma

ZenKarma Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I would like to add that the deliberate posting of fake news is grounds for banning, as is hate speech and insulting other site members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.