a "pact"

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by HippieAdrien, May 5, 2007.

1. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

so yesterday i made a interesting promise to myself. i decided that i'm never going to buy beads or make wraps. ever. i decided to aquire dread stuff from freinds and people. i dunno i just thought it would be interesting to have only other people's stuff in my hair. just wondering how many people have done this

2. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

The only bead I have in is one that I made.

Your pact is pretty cool. I'm going to have a friend of mind maybe sew some beads or something into my hair...she makes amazing jewelery, so I'll let her do whatever she wants to the dread of her choosing.

You're right, it's more personal and interesting.

3. Guest543

Guest543 Member

That's cool that you're going to do that. Personally, I know I'll be dressing my dreads up with all sorts of nifty things. I can't wait to go girly and accesorize my dreads, haha. XD

I like that idea. I think I might let some of my closest friends pick a dread and do whatever they want to it.

4. bunjies

bunjies Member

i have bought some of mine, but they still mean a lot to me in some ways. take the other day for example, i spent a fantastic day in glastonbury, something i havent done since before i was really down. so when i found some lovely beads i bought em and jammed em on. a reminder of the day! i have also made a couple but i dont wear them....
    a friend bought a packet of beads from a pow wow she went to and i wear those with real fondness :)
    the others are from another friend who spent an hour last week with her bead box and my hair! they are very special to me too ;)

5. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

I like the idea of having your dreads as a kind of tribute area to those who mean something to you in your life, etc. Im thinking of doing this as soon as they've matured a bit.

6. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

I've made most of my decorations... made a really nifty spiral thing from wire and beads in my hair, and loads of wooden beads I painted. but my favourites are the beads my sister painted for me :) very personal.

7. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

yeah. i bought some clay today. i decided to just make one clay bead with my fav colors and put it on my favorite dread. and have that be my only bead i make. i was wondering. how many people have made their own clay beads? i bought sculpey clay and was wonderng how long you guys bake it for or whatever.

8. KnottyAdam

KnottyAdam Member

in my hair i have a bead and a few little metal things that are mine, i have a keychain from a friend, a hatchetman charm from a friend, a wallet chain from the same friend, and a paper clip or two from a teachers desk, but before readin this post i never thought of whose stuff was up there :p

9. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

for sculpey, just follow the directions on the package :)

10. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

i made the same pact but i bought one... the rest were gifts. the one i bought is from costa rica and i wanted something in my hair to remind of the good times on the trip and i found a kickass bead with a cannabis leaf on it. i couldnt resist :)

11. egle

egle Member

gr8 post, I agree i love the idea of havin stuff in ur dreads to remind you of times and things from people you love. MY hair is abit like that, when i got dreads, quite of a few of my m8s decided they would do it. So now i can tell quite a few of my dreads and who did them. And som the persons personality has come into my dreads. My m8 ant did a short fat one at the back which has been anoying and dedreaded and the roots have been stubern, and hes short, anoying, stuben and gr8, like my dread :D