A new greenback economy.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Dave_techie, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

We could fix the economy by instituting a new currency for the u.s. printed, and backed by the government, and not by government debt.

keep the debt money in circulation, sure, fantastic

but begin replacing it with government backed greenbacks.

and begin paying back the debt.

2. HushBull

HushBull Insuperior

That simple?

3. Dave_techie

yes.

disturbingly enough

that simple.

money could be made available for loans to stimulate the economy, and those loans could be used, or their deffered interest could be used, to pay off the deficit.

different kinds of loans would have different terms before payments could start, and different terms, just like present, private debt vehicles.

allow a percentage of taxes to be used towards greenback loans instead of corporate loans, and cut out the leaching middleman that are the controlling banks

not to say to eliminate banks, but make them less creatures of control, and more creatures of reinvestment, eventually using government backed currency

and reduce fractional reserve lending to 1.5x instead of 10x

4. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

Isn't that how the US became the richest nation in the world? By saving its own economy in the 60s by printing its own money and thus devaluing the currencies of the rest of the world?

This is only heresy. I don't know the proper story.

5. Dave_techie

in the sixties nixon cut off bretton woods, when america did that it really affected the worlds economy, yes, adversely, because at that time, the dollar was much stronger, but he made he dollar weaker, but more liquid.

this would strengthen the dollar.

the damage has been done, we need to take advantage of it to fix shit.

6. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

Thats right - He made your dollar weaker, thus encouraging people to trade manically with the US, thus your economy boomed.

How would it be different this time?

7. Dave_techie

we've stopped being a producer, and it would be going the other direction, moving us back into production and out of this outsource feeding frenzy