A New Branch Of Magic?

Discussion in 'Metaphysics and Mysticism' started by Moonfox13, May 29, 2013.

1. Moonfox13

Moonfox13 Member

Hello, I have been interested in magic and the occult since about 8 or 9. I've been wondering if it is possible to create my own branch of magic/occultism.

I am aware that the origins of most spiritual knowledge was gained through the use of drugs.Should i try using drugs for this purpose? Also, my parents were both born on pagan holidays, my mother on beltane and my father on yule, and i was born on imbolc. I always have thought that my birth has meant that i was destined to do something great in the occult. So how would you go about creating a new branch of magic?

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You'd refer to it as a new "tradition". Then you'd have to declare yourself High Priestess/Priest. You'd have to train votives and perform initiations which would involve creating curriculum and creating varying levels of degrees and their requirements; you'd have to establish doctrine, etc...quite involved.

3. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

It's been done many times. You probably wouldn't have a problem attracting followers, people are ready to try almost anything. The only tricky bit would be keeping a group. Group dynamics are difficult to manage. You will have to stand up to scrutiny from members and outsiders.
    I wish you luck and blessings

Shayla x

4. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

You need study before you naively attemp to influence such eclectic a people as Magickians. Since you like Magick so much you should run off and play with the OTO for a moment. Then, should you feel like it, declare yourself Magister Templei. Then you'll already be notorious and have some following. Happens all the time.

5. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

^^^Good advice, I would also reiterate what others have said, you should first be studied and practiced at some form of magick at least, otherwise you will be figured out pretty quickly by those that are. A new form of magick isn't a bad idea though, a stripped down form without all the ceremony would be nice.

6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Seems to Me - Where One Leads Others will follow - With or Without an Order of Regimentation.
    Magic come from within, and as such, it is down to the Individual, though that doesn't preclude Guidance from wiTchever source they be attracted to.
    I would say that that Continuing in the couse that you are fortunate to have embraced "mother born Beltane, father Yule, and oyurself Imbolc" (that is too coincidental!) that your close circle will expand naturally - Be Yourself and let others label, define and Follow you - Natural progression will then Reveal itself - meThinks

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Dabbling in magic reveals a misunderstanding of the universe.
    It implies a duality between you and the rest of nature and results in an attempt to gain power over that which you conceive to be other than yourself.

Practicing magic is a power grab.

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

A new branch of magic?
    There is no such thing as magic. Unless you mean the universe. Everything in it is magical.