A Moose Goes Barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Cool Spruce, May 25, 2006.

1. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

in the woods, and so do I

2. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

cool pic. you have tan looking feet for being in Maine.

3. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

those actually look more like Elk tracks to me, because they are missing the secondary imprints behind the larger two moon shapes... but it is loose ground, so they might not have taken, and I am sure you know what you are talking about

4. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

Working outside for a living, partly as gardener, partly as garden designer, doing a lot of pruning. Whenever there's sun, I'm in it. And, it was a very mild winter, so I haven't been in shoes since March 12. Pretty amazing.

5. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

It's a sandy beach at the lake we have a camp on. I don't know as much about ungulate imprints as you do, but here in the Maine woods, the only large ungulate is Moose. No elk, ever, as far as I know. I did know elk, very intimately, when living in Yellowstone, though.

6. Rugged_Soles

Rugged_Soles Member

March 12th is more than amazing. It's awesome ! Do you miss the snow at all like I do? The variety of temperatures and terrain all contribute to a great barefooted experience.

7. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

I definitely miss the snow, and whatever it is that constitutes real winter. Even just a decent winter, not necessarily the serious stuff. But I'll take that, too, sometimes. Although, none of us up here will argue with an early spring, on the rare occasion it happens! Early springs are nice. But---being shoeless from March 12 on---well, that's a month earlier than the nice years.