A Mile Down the Road, A World Away.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jimbee68, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I have to tell you, I really am enamored with Canada. Little crime, good public medical system, most or all of the freedoms we have here.

I also have to tell you the irony of where I live. I live in the city of Detroit. In case you don't know, Detroit, USA is right on the border of Windsor, Canada. Heck, I could just walk there if I wanted to. Do you think they would take me in?

Also, in Detroit, we used to get the local Canadian TV station, Windsor channel 9. (I get satellite now. So I couldn't tell you if it is still available.) That is how I know the Canadians are very proud of their so-called "socialized" medicine. Like Jim Carey recently said on Real Time with Bill Maher, he certainly never had to wait.

Back to letting me or any of us in. They have an unusually strict immigration system, I understand. And they don't let draft dodgers in anymore. So in case any else of you were wondering, I guess the answer if probably No. C'est dommage.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

On What Grounds Do You Personally Fear Rejection.....???...:confused2:

Cheers Glen.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

canada has read his hipforum threads.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you have to be dark skinned and come in illegally

they wont help if you come in legally at a border crossing but if you find a remote area that is less patrolled you might even get lucky enough to have an officer carry your luggage and hold your hand while they take you to a nice warm hotel room and await your first social assistance cheque

5. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Rode into Ft Francis Ontario yesterday for the afternoon. That was kinda fun. Wanted to go out of town but had passenger and she wanted to look at trinket shops..
    Nice town.

6. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Yeah it's funny, I'm a canadian citizen and have actually received significantly more hassle coming back into canada than I ever have going to america.

But yes, canada's border can be quite brutal. Same with their deportation policy.

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Get a good tan and wrap a turban around your head and they'll let you right in. You can get 2 grand a month and probably free secondary education on top of free healthcare. You could be a doctor or working at the parliament before you know it.

SpacemanSpiff likes this.