A magical feeling

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Any Color You Like, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

Yesterday I rocked on staged for the first time!!! :) It's 10 times better than playing alone! :sunglasse

So, when's the first time you played on stage (with a band, ect.)?

2. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Ahh man, I know what you mean. It is a magical feeling playing for people who applaud you and appreciate your art. I love playing with a group of musicians who are my friends for a group of people who enjoy it. I don't think anything else in the world feels the same way.

3. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

Two years ago was my band's first gig ever. It was in a venue down the road from us, it was sold out and the capacity was 350. It has never got that good again.

It was with an early incarnation of my current band, but now there's one song that's still played from that initial setlist. It was myself and our old bassist, we didn't even have a drummer, we just drafted my sister's music teacher in on the night (he was also organising it).

Anyway - we were awful; we were completely unrehersed and it really showed, my singing was out of tune and I wasn't used to using my feet when performing so I threw myself of everytime I used the effects board.

Best gig EVER!

4. HonorSeed

HonorSeed Senior Member

The first time was prolly in grade school, we didn't get paid and had to look at sheet music while we played, but it was fun :) And the little drummers can keep a beat bettah than some rock an roll drummers.

peace
    Honor

5. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

it definitely gives me the best feeling in the world

my first time... hmm..... i dont remember. :p my favourite time though was at the school's variety show this past march. here's a picture of it:
    [​IMG]
    it was awesome. never before had i successfully played the harmonica part of the song along with playing the guitar at the same time... but i nailed it there.... and then the clapping of 350+ people, and the whistling, muahaha, 'twas awesome.
    if i was single i wouldve gotten so much pussy that nite. :D