A LARGE favor to ask.

Discussion in 'German' started by mimib123, Mar 10, 2008.

1. mimib123

mimib123 Member

Hey everybody,

I am completely new here, and to be honest, I'm not here to learn German, although I admire all of those who are fluent or who are learning.

You see, I am a young student who studies cello. Lately I have been having bow arm stress and problems, and I stumbled upon some videos from a very famous cellist. There are a series of videos talking about none other than bow technique. I was absolutely thrilled! My teacher is excellent, but this man was famous for his techniques. One problem: they are ALL in german except for the first one which has subtitles.

Now, I know this is time consuming, but I am just desperate for an english translation. Each video is ten minutes long. If there is anybody who is fluent in the language and is willing to translate even one video, I would be so so so thankful and appreciative.

Here is a link to the account which has the videos on it:

https://www.youtube.com/user/cellokratzer

I apologize ahead of time if I am abusing this forum in any fashion. I just thought it would be a good place to find some help.

Thanks so much for your time.

2. Pit Schepatsche

Pit Schepatsche Member

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

switch to drums
    cello's are lame unless ya play electric cello

id like to add a 9 to the list he made though..u can also move to germany awhile, immerse yourself in the language and then watch the vids (or while yoiur there just look up the teacher who made em)

4. ESRUOS ENO

ESRUOS ENO Senior Member

Ich benutze es für meine Hunde ...I cant write German that well.. But speak it pretty well, almost fluently...

5. guitarskot

guitarskot Member

Well, if you go to Barnes- Noble,they can order an electronic translator;usually around 20$Good, and master your instrument!!

6. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

Damn that is one intellegent/respectful fifteen year old kid.

7. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

this might help you. i've got a family of canadians that live down the street from me. the kids were friends of mine growing up and their all fluent in german because, the parents immagrated to canada after world war 2. i talked with their father fritz about your concern. he said he learned english while he was a pow in the u.k. by movies the brits showed in the camp and, interacting with the camp staff. he told me english was not too hard to learn; alot of it is alot like german. we both think learning german would not be too hard for an english speaker. i learned alot of german from being around his kids growing up. i pick it up in a casual manner. in my case, my grandparants forced me learn icelandic and norweigen. i found that, since i am fluent in norweigen, i am also quite fluent in danish and swedish (those three languages are alot alike.) english has alot of icelandic (norse) in it. since you can play an insterment you, should have no major problem learning german by ear. barring that, i would agree to go buy a tanslater.

8. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

English is a Germanic language that's why the two are so close.

9. rain_in_summer

rain_in_summer Member

I'd love to help you, but I don't have "music vocabulary" and maybe it would be easier for you to find a German-speaking person in your area than to get it transcribed. By the way, the guy is talking in French and there is a German translation spoken over it.