A Higher Power Other Than It Being God

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Sign Related, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

Have you religious folks ever truely consider at least the possibility of their being a higher power other than it being the God of a man-made religion or it being the God of a man-made definition?

Do any of you think you'll meet your Creator while still alive or when you die? What do you think would be the purpose of the meeting your Creator?

What plan do you think your Creator has for you?

By the way, religious folks, how is the God(ess) a "Him" or a "Her"? Have you seen God's privit part? [​IMG]

2. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Don't bring that up!

Its a sad part of my past...

If were all gods children... were we all at one time in gods sack?

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it is a very big universe that surrounds us, however it came into existence, so all this bussiness about plans, weeel, it does seem like a wee bit of a stretch.

if there were anything bigger then god it would still be god, or god's mommie.
    and no, i don't think of anything such as a god as being gendered. at least not unless there were representatives of equal status of all genders in question.

and of course there are some beliefs that posit that.

but "bigger then god" is kind of a circular question of deffinician.
    nor one that need pertain to our own existence.

still it is good, even a relief, to see people finaly actualy begining to think again.

for a number of years there, after bush got elected the first time, i was begining to worry we might not.

=^^=
    .../\...

4. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

A lot of languages give genders to their nouns (french and other romantic languages are a good modern example), ancient hebrew did. they gave god a masculine gender.
    so although he might not be "equipped" he is still a "he" at least in the same sense that the grand canyon is...

5. snake sedrick

snake sedrick Banned

Surely the Grand Canyon is a she....

6. WWKCD729

WWKCD729 Member

I don't question faith in a religion or god, but there is one question I have, if god created this world and universe...who created god?i believe in a higher power, but i believe being in control of my own life as well, i dont believe by ritualizing(If thats a word) by going to church every sunday, praying to bless the food, but i do believe...just a question ive been pondering