A good homemade facial scrub?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by RetroGroove_Grrl, Jul 23, 2006.

1. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

Any recipies?

2. KoreDemeter

KoreDemeter Member

Take a couple of non-coated asprin and melt them in your hand with some hot water. Mix in a squirt of aloe vera and massage it into your face for a bit. Let the mask sit on your face until it's dry (between 5-10 minutes) and then rinse off throughly with cool to cold water. Beautiful soft glowy skin!

I've been doing it every night recently, and it really helps to take any redness out of the skin and shrink blemishes.

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

^I've done aspirin masks and scrubs and they're definitely wonderful!

Another idea-
    plain white sugar + honey. Mix equal parts in the palm of your hand and smooth over skin. Let sit 10 minutes, wet fingers to gently scrub before rinsing. Very nice.

4. lola78

lola78 Member

I think honey os the most DIVINE facial mask! I also take pure aloe vera gel and add apricot shell milled real fine and add lavender essential oil.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

try ground oatmeal, too.

6. *josai*

*josai* Member

yeah i second the ground oatmeal idea!

i have a recipe for "miracle grains" that makes a nice face scrub. you can find all the ingredients at the health food store or online. this recipe is fun to play with too. you can change the herbs or add essential oils
    just make sure you grind everything well

2 cups white clay
    1 cup finely ground oats
    1/4 cup finely ground almonds
    1/8 cup finely ground lavender
    1/8 cup poppy seeds or finely ground blue corn (optional)
    1/8 cup finely ground roses

store all this in a jar together & just take 1-2 tsp to mix with water to form a paste each time you wash. feels great to massage into your face & the poppy seeds give a little exfoliation.

7. *josai*

*josai* Member

oh & you can also add some honey & rose water (instead of just reg water) when moistening

8. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

brown sugar and olive oil is a nice scrub for dry skin.... sometimes I add some coffee grounds and use it one my whole body