A Gathering of the Tribes Alternative to natls

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by kinulpture, Mar 17, 2009.

1. malcontent

malcontent Member

there was no a camp untill last yr. kinulpture i have 1 ? for you then im leaving this alone, and put my engry into the nm gathering, what part of selling drugs and drinking beer has to do , with praying for peace ? i belive that the main reason for the grathering, to my brothers and sister on here. im sorry if i sound like a acl. hater, i just dont see a place for it, where i pray. peace

2. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

For me, it has a lot more to do with the kitchen full of alcoholic folks who want to stay dry during gatherings than fundamentalism. I remember being in Bus Village at WY'93 and Dusty trying to walk into the kitchen with a beer because he was under the mistaken belief that beer is ok in all Bus Village kitchens. Lots of the crew got on Dusty's case & he wound up walking off muttering about us Popcorn Pirates, not letting him in the kitchen with his beer. The next day, a good number of the crew got the craving & went to town to drink...and that's why I don't like to see beer in the Catherdral.

Of course a 'true' Rainbow Fundalmentalist would promote the lack of a gate located A-camp, because in the Rainbow 'beginning', Family all intermingled, with A-camp being camped along-side everyone else...or so I hear...

3. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

Alittle confused here.?Has there been a split? R same family doing both a regional then Agott?Brown cave sounds familar?
    Last regional we brought water craft was on the 11 point . I spent two 8 hr days in canoe shuttling family.Goodwater lost a couple canoes too.I love the water but many family didn't fair well.Just trying to catch up.? Is howdy folks still posting events? sounds like you might be able to steer me thru these ? bro. I'm not sure whom I know anymore in midwest(lone prairie?) family. Sorry for so many ? 's R we still the most dysfunctional family in the US..hahaha love ya peace thanks for any info.Grayhawk

4. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Someone was trying to engineer a split. Still is, but seems to be failing.

5. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

Intermingled and loved each including the nonviolent drunken behaviors.Acamp is suppose to have rap down as well as any one on main trail. Acamp elders you hope act with loven respect for stoners rights to groovy trip and peace.A camp protected main trail by abiding in the rap. And we respect Acamp,and give back to them in as many ways as love offers opportunity. All for one ya know. If the struggle for good balance is losing, probably because some aren't willing or able. Old gripes keep things from getting enough light, I imagine.And alcohol is a hard animal to keep corralled in private lives and rainbow family's... Oh well sad to see, the old is a little older. It will come to a inevitable end huh.One way or another. I'd like to go to Agott if I can . And Nationals if dreams come true..loven you and you and you..aaahhh..Grayhawk..peace

6. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

I'm going to try to focus on getting to the nationals .Nothing compares to 30,000? Hippies in the woods. If that energy dies I'll support and focus energy for Agott. And smile with whatever I get. Whats up with the regular regional? I'd give that a shout too. Dreamin....love you peace

7. tyedyedkid

tyedyedkid Member

I Hear Something Bout A Regional In Mo In June I Think? Maybe It Is Scout Camp??

8. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

Heya Tony! I'm glad you can't stay away despite or maybe because of it all and I look forward to seeing you.

Just want to say I don't think the agott is trying to engineer a split, just being selfishly hungry for a piece of that July 4th annual magic and want some every year. :) I'd think a yearly regional would be good enough some other time other than July 4th... And the whole argument of 'for people who can't travel to nationals' doesn't work as much when nationals are only 3 states away this year.

9. ~peacelover

~peacelover Member

Thats just silly. Three states is a huge amount of miles. From where I am at, NM is twice as far as Missouri. It would be at least another 12 hours according to google maps.

I hope there are many regionals on the 4th, at least one in every state. Those who are able to travel to NM don't own the magic, it needs to be spread.

10. dormouse

dormouse Member

ACamp protected main trail? huh? protected whom from what? i gotta tell ya that when i must venture through A Camp to get into the gathering proper i do NOT feel protected. i weigh about 101 lbs and when a group of stumbling slurring aggressive male drunks stop me on the trail demanding "donations" and sexually harass me i do NOT feel protected in the least. i loath ACamp.

11. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

They did the same thing when The Gathering was in Arkansas. That's why I say "engineering a split".

12. dormouse

dormouse Member

selfishly hungry? is rainbow a pie to be sliced up in pieces then? i guess i just don't understand the territorial bickering. i guess maybe i'm wrong. maybe rainbow is indeed a piss in the 4 corners territory, a piece of something to be fought over, to feel protective of, to feel resentment over.
    shall i adjust my rainbow concepts and take out the idea of choice and free will? shall i join in and help kibash any and all "rival" gatherings so folks have no other choice but to attend the official RFoLL gathering? okay. i give. let's disallow any other gathering but the official RFoLL gathering. let's badmouth traitorous rival gatherings and discourage folks from going anywhere other than where we want them to be and then scream "WE LOOOOOVE YOU".

talk about selfish.

13. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

Yea that is normal schedule for us. I 'll put effort toward regional then hopefully N.M.And if I can't do nationals I'll check AGOTT,I'll take a canoe and lots of love..thanks
    Love you Keith

14. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i`ll attempt all these ??`s. fist off gray. by chance are you the same gray i met @ S. Glenstone Spgfld walmart parking lot flying a sign? ooh this was approx a year & 3/4s ago. y`all were getting a bus from fayetteville ar. & were taking it to steelville(or cherryville) to a haunted school?

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

& malcontent, about the selling of pot. i believe i stated on here, i personally wasn`t involved in that. but since i`m family... & the alcohol, it was mostly locals drinking.tho some family were too, including myself. & quite honestly, we as family have absolutely no right to say locals can`t drink. actually i`d, (as i said before) considered this an ambassadorship to locals. & when in Rome... ya just had to be there. & actually there was quite a bit of prayer, etc.. even tho other things were there too. a perfect blend as it were. a staff was taken into brown`s during a thunderstorm & the crystals on it glowed. & this was by 2 family who didn`t drink or smoke a bit. leavy & lance. unfortunately i was busy in kitchen. actually i did get a lil bit angry a couple times cuz of the drinking. & some did tone it down a bit outa respect for me. & actually because i was still angry on the 4th i didn`t attend the prayer session in protest. & some other folks did likewise, again outa respect for me. actually i just now remembered that. by the 5th, pure peace bird showed up, & i was quite blissed. she convinced me to step away from the kitchen more.

16. tyedyedkid

tyedyedkid Member

right on sista yalls coming early agin this yr? im goin to leave ark the 3rd or fourth of june heading home loving you (((HUGS)))~tonytell bob i said hey~

17. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

you're not making any sense to me here, except the feeling of attack and sarcasm...

sorry

18. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

No not I. I 've not done any family stuff in more than 2yrs. But I'm hoping to do any gathering that I can as soon as possible.I've never had to fly a sign yet as my van hasn't let me down yet..knock wood its a "91. I should have my pic on my profile now, you may know me . Might even be a friends. I have Sometimers memory and forgot more friends than I'll ever have again.
    Much love peace Keith

19. mildlygray

mildlygray Member

Sorry didn't mean to sound as though any agro behavior coming from Acamp is less than wrong in every way. From parking lot through bus village thru Acamp thru Welcomehome and into main trail should same rap of respect, for all things, peaceful people, and mother earth.
    But Ive also sat with Fuckyou Coyote as he threw himself in front of tow trucks, protecting cars from being towed 30 miles. He was very drunk and our hero. As well 6up calls start loudest in Acamp. These were the ideas of protecting Main Trail I was thinking of.
    I know that many locals find Acamp, never go any futher and think they've been to and know the Rainbow? Many first timers spend their first day of their first gathering drunk and the second hungover before they ever get to finally taste the miracle of hippies in the woods making the impossible happen thru energy, love, peace, free flowing thoughts and a feather.
    I have no answers for drinking diseases either in Rainbow or in Babylon. It will continue to be a problem in both worlds. I'm sure. I won't accept wrong behaviors and I will love my family in Acamp and all gathered peacefully in the woods.
    I'm guilty of not contributing to this family for a number of years and have little station for saying a thing, truly. So I'll defer to you sista's and bro's that have..
    I can't blame you for you reason of loathing sis, my daughter was 13 for her first gathering. I don't feel her to be safe on those same counts still, and shes 26 now.
    Loven you, Keith Peace

20. dormouse

dormouse Member

ah well, sorry about that but when i'm sitting here reading the posts of folks who want to limit the where and when of rainbow gatherings it just irritates the crap out of me. if some folks want to hold a July 4th gathering that isn't "hosted" by the RFoLL what's it to you if they do? why would they need to explain their actions or make excuses to you or anyone else? and why would you or any other rainbow person malign such efforts and seek to discourage folks from attending alternative July 4th gatherings? outside of some petty beefs about a singular individual named "Looking Heart" i just do not understand the animosity shown towards the AGOTT. IMO it's selfish to discourage folks from doing what they want to do and going where they want to go just so they will do what and go where you want instead.
    seems to me that people who advocate that there be only the one official RFoLL annual gathering simply want the RFoLL to maintain a gathering monopoly so folks to have no choice of where to gather and to do this end efforts to create alternative gathering are bad mouthed and undermined. i have nothing invested in the AGoTT. i've never been to that gathering but i believe that anyone can be rainbow and gather rainbows whenever and however they peacefully may and pffffft! on detractors and naysayers.