A Gathering of the Tribes Alternative to natls

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by kinulpture, Mar 17, 2009.

1. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

A Gathering of the Tribes
    Peaceful Freedom Assembly July 1st ~ 7th, 2009
    This is not the Annual / National Rainbow Gathering for Peace and
    Healing

Scouting / Counsel Focus 2009

May 15th, 2009 All Weekend -
    Free outdoor concert combined with scouting rendezvous / counsel for
    the 2009 A Gathering of the Tribes
    Open Mic Jams with Family Focused Campout, Potluck Feed and Drum /
    Fire Circles

Corner of Hwy. 76 and "EE" near Vanzant, Missouri. Camping will be in
    the Mark Twain National Forest relatively close to this staging point.
    Scouts will be surveying site locations in same approximate area with
    special focus on Rippee Access, Vera Cruz and more primitive sites in
    the Topaz section of the National Forest.

Those who plan on helping with the scouting focus are encourage to
    bring a backpack with food, water and dry apparel for daylight
    scouting. There is a large van donated for shuttle services, it is
    anticipated that scouts will view site locations as a group. More
    information on the 2009 (A) Gathering of the Tribes can be found here:
    http://welcomehere.org/gathering_of_the_tribes/

All peaceful beings are welcome to come share the gift of harmony and
    prayers for world peace as we celebrate interdependence day in unity
    without glorification of war. A circle of silent meditation will
    commence with the rising sun on the morning of July 4th until noon.

This is a Gathering of the Tribes and intended to expand the beauty,
    peace and vibration of harmony to all corners of the globe. Much
    respect and blessing are shared with other individuals all over the
    world that intend to circle in the same Spirit of peace. May we grow
    and become in unity.

"Welcome Home!"

Show your love and remove all refuse you find.
    Ignore Rumors of cancellation, permits, site changes or leadership!

2. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Why do you AGOTTers make such a big deal about the permit thing when you do not have your "gatherings" on land where 36CFR251-261 applies? Tell Lokingheart to go ahead and try having one of his little parties on Federal land instead of State land, then start bragging.

3. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

looking heart only showed up around the 2nd of july. til then it was pretty much dude`s & my gig. i had a nice article written out on the whole deal, but i forgot to put it on here i was trying to print it out. i`d have to scan it or copy it word for word. suffice to say it was quite nice. no one bothered me about a permit. fs only showed up twice. first time i`d been there a few days. they asked if i needed anything. & said we were great people. i starved down there about a week before some locals gave me some sandwiches. & they`d been to last one & put the word about it. more locals fed me. & some beer. then dude showed up. i was on a bicycle & trailer, no tent. i`d got drenched a couple times & still didn`t ask for help, though some was given. dude had been to ray`s he carried my worthless hide around a few places, still no tent. dude left for a couple days, i got drenched again. ray came back with dude w/ sleeping bag & cases of ramen. dude came back a day later w/ more food. & grape juice which i`m eternally grateful for. a week & half later some folks showed up. & it was just 7 of us(family) for a few days. then more came. i taught one family to light a fire in the rain. meanwhile more locals. actually all this time we had approx 15 locals off & on. i shoulda mentioned that earlier. all this time mike 2 feathers was pissed cuz i`d mentioned this as rainbow to many locals. it was a bit easier to say rainbow than AGOT to locals. & he set up an alternative to rippee @ noblett lake. it was kinda funny. they were dissin us, yet buying pot from us. more later.

4. WanderingturnupII

MO DNR right? NOT United States Forest Service? The Permit Reg DOES NOT APPLY on State land, unless that particular State (like, say, New York) has some kind of Mass Gathering law, and then it would be that particular State law that applies, NOT 36CFR251-261, i.e. "the Permit regulation" which so confounds Rainbow Gatherings. AGOTT bragging about not needing a permit is like the NBA bragging about not having a Designated Hitter rule.

So, AGOTT supports its gathering (please note my use of lower case 'g') by selling pot? At least Rainbow Family tries to hide any rumors of such activities which may run it afoul of the RICO act.

5. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

didnt he just say or imply their was never more than a couple dozen people there at a time anyway??

a permit wouldnt be required for such a small gathering anyway..

6. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

ok i just spend an hour pounding out a great reply, but damn library cut me off.
    yes dnr is quite correct, i`m just used to saying FS. it`s like calling a truck or van a car still.

when i said more later i meant there`s much more to the story. for one thing, 2 feathers as far as i know never even showed up there. i may hafta mutli-post so forgive me. & i`d say it was a bit hypocritical to dis us & then buy pot.

& no, this wasn`t "funded" by pot. it was funded by me being there early, starving, drenched, & getting locals involved. as i said, since i went around telling the locals it was rainbow instead of AGOTT (by the way i quite innocently did this), & people who didn`t even go are still talking about that a year later. it prettymuch made it "official" rainbow. since i was a local, (@ the time) myself, telling them AGOTT would only confuse them, they knew what rainbow was, & it worked out well.

by the same token, many people confuse rainbow family w/ a gay organization, has this happened to anyone?

7. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Too bad you don't know the history of Lookingheart & the ego movies that he pulled in Southern MO, kinulpture, you might not be so eager to support MO-GOT. Me, I know what he pulled & I know the negative energy that he still infuses into it....I mean really, to say that we are all one family & then to write something like this: Lookingheart wrote: the world is a much better place without the KCMO/KCKS energy being all high and mighty. Muscle Shoals has got the swamper and we dont
    need ya around any how.

It's sad too, because some of the rifts that Lookingheart and another ego started with their power struggle over the MO regionals back in the 90's keeps the MO Family from ever being One.

I am glad there is at least some good energy in the thing, I know that Ray is good people...it just hurts me that these egos tore MO family to pieces, and the continuing attitude of Lookingheart will not allow healing to ever take place...sure he usually throws his fake love on the net but push him & see what happens, he'll start gushing BS all over the place. I think y'all should forget the whole MO-GOT thing & start a new regional, one that embraces everyone, but that's just my opinion

8. dormouse

dormouse Member

**shrug** you can call the AGOTT a "rainbow gathering" if you want. no one has a copyright on the word "rainbow" or "gathering" or the combination of the two words. besides, i have long been under the impression that "rainbow" is suppose to denote all hues, variations of hues and creative manifestations of expression of said hues. i see no problem with folks holding their own "rainbow gathering" and labeling it thus. no one owns "rainbow" and the Official Rainbow Gathering of The Family of Living Light need not be the only expression of rainbow. rainbow is not a defined territory over which to squabble, it is not a club or group to which one must hold singular loyality and carry a membership card so go ahead and announce your gathering when and how you please. the more the merrier says i. i'm pro-choice.

9. WanderingturnupII

That's something else I don't understand about the AGOTT thing....Lookingheart claims RF if one tribe that participates in AGOTT, but RF includes everybody....How can AGOTT be more inclusive than that? According to Lookingheart, RF is a "Circle of Darkness", yet you find it eaisier to describe AGOTT as "Rainbow" even though it is supposed to be something far supperior.....You allow USFS regs to run you out of National Forests, yet you brag about not needing a permit....Is there some kind of group schizophrenia going on?

I'm all about GATHURING MOAR....it's not likely i'll make it to NM this year....But, assuming driving distances are equal, why should I go to AGOTT, instead of the Great Lakes FAMILY 4th of July.....I think they're calling it a "Camp-Out"...and put my energy into Lookingheart's movie?

Y'know, it would serve him well if AGOTT developed a life of its own and became indistinguishable from Rainbow Family.

10. dormouse

dormouse Member

seems to me that allowing one individual to turn you off to a specific gathering is at least as silly as allowing the signing of a permit to do the same. i'm totally not understanding you anti-AGOTT folks.

11. WanderingturnupII

Like Ms Cinnamon said, you don't know the history. AGOTT is not the creation of some group tribal mind, but of Steve Lookingheart. And he created this thing not to enlarge or magnify RF, but to destroy it. It may become a tribal thing, and looks as though it may be doing that...But I'm dubious.

12. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

It's like this Dormouse, Lookingheart came onto the scene in the mid-90's, came to a Gathering, then in discontent, began spouting off about how terrible Rainbow was & how he was going to take over & change everything. He & another bro took a Light-filled regional & destroyed it before he started MO-GOT. He really offended folks when he started a website which has a URL that is strickingly close to www.welcomehome.org The MO-GOT Gatherings were not set up to be an alternative, as is the claim, they were set up to be disruptive...why else would they choose the same dates as the Annual & refuse to work with Family when Rainbow Gathered just over the border in Arkansas? Like Turn-up, I think it's great when folks want to Gather close to their residences when they can't make it to the Annual, the energy of the prayer knows no borders, but there was a minimal distance between MO-GOT & the '07 Arkansas Gathering.

The problem is that the whole thing sprung out of ego movies. not just one but several egos, Lookingheart included...and that energy will always be a part of MO-GOT as far as I'm concerned, even if the newer energy is good...which is why I say scrap the name and allow it to be a Missouri regional, like it was before the egos took over.

And as to callin MO-GOT a Rainbow & why kinulpture would stop refering to it as a Rainbow Gathering...well I guess you have never bumped heads with 2Feathers...

13. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Steve Duncan, aka Lookingheart, aka Azure

14. dormouse

dormouse Member

you're right. i don't know the history of AGOTT and i don't know anything about the folks you mention. none the less i still fail to understand what is so offensive about the use of the term "rainbow gathering" unless, of course, it's a gathering formed by a group like The NeoNazi Skinheads for the Killling of Puppies or some such. and i don't get why holding a gathering around and on July 4th would be a big deal either. i mean ... so what? the more Om the merrier and it's a free rainbow and all that. and yeah, there may well be ego issues at play here (when isn't ego an issue when humans are involved?) but i read your ego loud and clear as well "and that energy will always be a part of MO-GOT as far as I'm concerned, even if the newer energy is good...." which reads to me like unless this particular gathering lives up to your standards (which includes the shunning of the reviled egotists) you're not gonnna be happy even if the gathering's energy is good. and what's so horrible about the frigging url?! what nit picky silliness! immitation is the highest form of flattery and it's a clever yet easily discernable immitation, IMO.

**shrug** oh well. nevermind. don't let me further interrupt your regional strife. bicker on!

15. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

i hard a hard time posting yesterday, so i`m kinda worn-out from that. & i may have re-united w/ my non-hippie ladyfriend. so, since i`d rather be in domesticated bliss w/ her, may not make it. of course it`s a bit of time between now & then so we may break-up again. she`s been sick & we haven`t kissed in a week & a half. & she visited her ex but nothing happened & i`ve forgiven her. i`m way too nice sometimes. oh yeh i just now realized she kissed him, but not me, hmm. well maybe she was getting revenge by passing germs to him. i may try to visit though, cuz i may be driving by then.

16. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

I guess you just don't understand about energy flow. I'm glad the newer energy is good but the good energy won't fix what's been broken because too many people have been hurt in all of this. It is not my ego that speaks as much as a hurting heart.

I don't see what's offensive about calling something a Rainbow Gathering either, in fact I'd be happier if MO-GOT were called a Rainbow Gathering but just mention Rainbow in some Missouri circles & see what kind of reaction you get.

And the URL, well it's about deception...yes, imitations can be spotted by those who are acquainted with the original, but what about those who just stumble upon the imitation and never have the chance to experience the original?

17. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Whether you can get to the woods or not, true Rainbow Light is in your heart & you can join in the prayer on the 4th of July just by Ohming along and placing your energy into the Universe.

18. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

thx hs, things have abeen a bit rough lately.

19. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

:grouphug: feel free to PM if you need an ear, I'm usually here 6 days a week.

20. dormouse

dormouse Member

you guess i just don't understand about energy flow. no ego in that assumption, i suppose. okay. i'm ignorant of energy flows so i don't know that it's the individuals (that would be you) in any given group that creates an energy flow, the energy flow that would cause the mending of that which was broken. i certainly can't understand how petty differences over simularity of urls and power struggles can cause breaches of trust and disgruntled spirits so of course i can't grasp how holding a grudge over urls and power struggles is the best thing to do to heal broken hearts and circles. i guess it's so much better to keep ones boxers in a wad over an alternate rainbow website (since the original is official and the be all and end all of rainbow websites) and a lot more constructive to keep focused on hurt feelings and territorial disputes than to take what is good about a situation and work from there. why support any good new energy trying to emerge when you can kibash any efforts to get good energy moving by remaining hurt and upset? i'm just so ignorant. i don't know anything about energy flows. i'm just a clueless outsider with a clueless outsider's POV. i'm not in your family grouping and i might not even be considered rainbow by your standards since i'm not a loyal card carrying member of the Rainbow Family of Living Light. i see absolutely nothing wrong with alternative July 4th gatherings or alternative rainbow websites because IM clueless O the RFofLL is not the ultimate definition of rainbow nor does the RFofLL have a monopoly on rainbowness. as far as i'm concerned anyone can do any peaceful thing they please in expressing their vision version of rainbow. we're all free in that way.