a friend's awesome work

Discussion in 'Art' started by ~piscean]-[delusions, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ~piscean]-[delusions

~piscean]-[delusions Member

Hello everyone,

It is a great honor to post a shot of this painting a dear friend of mine made just this past year in hopes of getting in to Boston to further her art education. Her name is Kylie, and without further adu, her is the first painting of her's I've ever gotten to photograph, as it is one of her first paintings... I certainly wish her well, and if anyone can help support her (tuition, etc.,) this girl works 40+hours a week, or even just collectively by wishing her well as you appreciate her work could go a long way. If anyone else would want to help support her, please, I will put you in contact with her.

[​IMG]

I certainly wish her well, and if anyone can help support her (tuition, etc.,) this girl works 40+hours a week, or even just collectively by wishing her well as you appreciate her work could go a long way. If anyone else would want to help support her, please, I will put you in contact with her.

2. ~piscean]-[delusions

I am surprised nobody gave any feedback on this piece after 20 views now, maybe I need to be in the popular club so people care to respond. I was just trying to show some support and entusiasm for a fellow friend and artist, I am really excited for her.

3. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It could be because it doesn't appear...
    Perhaps I'm the only one?

4. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

thats a very cool painting... WHat kind of paints did she use?

5. shrimpgirl

shrimpgirl Member

thats a really beautiful painting... i'm a student too so i don't have much money either but i definetly send my good wishes to your friend
    i hope she continues with her art even if she doesn't get to go back to school, i know alot of artists that became really frustrated with art schools and their "agendas", but they're all very talented and are still managing to make part of a living out of their work
    tell her this painting is inpiring

peace

6. ~piscean]-[delusions

i believe it may have been tempera paint, but I am not positive... She did say that she was looking forward to getting into oil soon, so I know it isn't that... And she does plan to continue her work, whether or not she can further her education.

I just had to share this because as shrimpgirl said, it is inspiring, so much so that it brought tears to my eyes when I saw it last night... something about it really touched a nerve inside me... I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours, and thanks for your feedback, I'll be sure to pass the info along to Kylie.

7. ~Salli~

~Salli~ Member

kinda looks like graphic art, cool
    i wish you friend luck!
    :)