a few shroom questions

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by reefer121, Jun 1, 2004.

1. reefer121

reefer121 Member

hey i havnt used shrooms b4 but its coming up to their season where i am and i was just wondering,
    how much will i need to buy? and how much for?
    can i take them in my room and trip out there one night or do i need to be somewhere light?
    and finally how long do dried shrooms last until u cant eat them anymore
    thanks
    peace

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

for ur first time buy an 1/8th of shrroms that should u cost anywhere from 20 bux to 40 bux depends on the availability, if its ur first time dont trip alone in ur room at nite that is asking for trouble, get a sober sitter and be in a place where u can move around freely and u feel safe and comfortable and the dark should affect ur trip that much..if at all happy tripping good luck

3. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

sorry the dark SHOULD NOT affect ur trip spelling error

4. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Dried mushrooms will last for quite sum time. But it mostly depends on how you keep them stored,(In an airtight container after theyre completely dry!!) The problem is though, the older they are, the less potent they become because the Psilocine(<-this is more abundent when theyre fresh )and Psilociben breaks down over time, and if theyre around heat it'll speed it up.
    Try and eat em Fresh if possible , or just before the veal opens up on them, But you could only do that if you or a close friend were growing them

5. reefer121

reefer121 Member

ohok cheers guys

6. best way to store dry shrooms are to put them in an airtight bag, then in a glass container and store them in your freezer. they should stay good for a least a year. btw the first time i tripped i ate a 1/2 eigth which is what u should do, and i was by myself in my room and i had a blast. just have someone to call on if you need and make sure your parents will not be able to catch u

7. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

eat the whole eighth!

8. reefer121

reefer121 Member

i mite buy a few 1/8ths and spread the love of shrooms. can u get bad trips easily?

9. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Buy a 1/16th of an ounce if its your first time with psychedelics, an 1/8th if you've had some previous experience.

Depending on where you live and availability, an 1/8th is between $20 and $40 usually.

Ya, you can take them in your room, which I'd suggest if it's your first time. Otherwise, grab some tunes and head out, or just go out and do whatever; just try to not be tempted to climb stuff or swim in the middle of the road. Much fun is to be had, get a buddy, if at all possible, to trip with you so you can share visions and what not. If you're skilled with a guitar, I'd suggest screwing around on one for a while.

And concerning shelf-life, if you're that concerned, take the super safe route and put the shrooms in a baggy and place it inside a glass jar. Screw the lid on after you apply some plastic wrap over the top. Finally, stick it in the back of the freezer. I'm pretty sure that will protect them for around a month, I haven't ever tried shrooms so I haven't ever had to store them. If you don't want to go through all that, try to consume them within a week.

10. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Absolutely not. The only time you are at risk is if you are unexperienced with the state and are in a very uncomfortable situation (in the presence of authority figures, crowded public places, etc...). The best cure is to get with somebody you know and trust and spark a joint; that always helps. Don't even worry about having a bad trip, just try to surround yourself with a pleasant world; you'd be surprised by what you can create with your mind.

11. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

--About bad trips--
    If you are in the right state of mind, and do not have any second thoughs, bad feelings about doing them, then you should have an ok trip.

12. LongHairKid

LongHairKid Member

dear god dont do a whole 1/8th
    ull trip balls and you dont really want that
    i doubt a first timer can handle that
    dark or light area doesnt really matter i kinda liked the dark maybe light some candles or have a campfire

do a half eight of shrooms
    smoke some weed
    party on

13. WharfRat

WharfRat Member

ya you should be fine, might not wanna hang out with non-trippers tho that can be awkward for some people. If you could find a house or if your parents wont mess with you id do it in a basement(a door going outside would be nice to, for going outside and lookin around). On dosage ive always taken an eight or more, first time i did them i took 5 grams, but you could buy an eight and eat half if your worried and then when things start getting fun eat the other half. Oh and one last thing take some vitamin C pills or drink some orange juice(will increase trip). Good luck

14. DR. REEFER

DR. REEFER Member

In my experience, my trips durng the night were alot different than the daytrips.
    ive always been more of a night-tripper i find its more fun to be out in fields or near streets when its dark and theres no one around