A Few Questions For All Trump Supporters.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Meagain, May 10, 2017.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Unfortunately the militarizing of police may become necessary as more and more protesters show up with semi automatic weapons, and if some get their way and gun regulations are relaxed to allow automatic and heavy caliber weapons the police will be outgunned, just like in the 20' and 30's.

Remember the main justification for assault rifles is to overthrow the government.

2 people like this.
  2. MeAgain

But also remember those same weapons can be used against peaceful people on the the left or the right.

Image the Kent State massacre with .50 cal machine guns and grenade launchers instead of M1s and a 45.
    67 rounds were fired by 29 guardsmen in 13 seconds resulting in four deaths and nine wounded. That means it takes 29 men to fire 309 rounds a minute,not counting loading time.

A single person, or team of two, can use a Browning M2 .50 cal machine gun to fire from 450 to 1,300 rounds a minute.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Thank You MeAgain, I can not for some reason do the cut and paste of articles to put on here. Thank you bunches and bunches!

4. stormountainman

Four dead in Ohio! I remember that day like it was yesterday!

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Here's the thing I don't get though: This level of weaponry was granted to police way back in 1990. Obama rolled it back in response to what happened in Missouri. But has there been any actual abuse of this weaponized power? Are we afraid of the police being that weaponized out of fear? Or is it because there are documented cases of them waging war on citizens?

6. MeAgain

Well, Kent State was the Ohio National Guard.

The police routinely use tear gas, which is outlawed by many international treaties.
    In 1965 the police used military weapons during the Watts riots and 34 people were killed. I don't know how they were killed or if any were police.
    In 1985 the Pennsylvania State Police dropped two bombs on the MOVE headquarters in Philadelphia burning 65 homes to the ground and killing 6 adults and 5 children and leaving 250 homeless. Reports were that the police fired on those fleeing the firestorm.
    Then there was Ruby Ridge and the Branch Dravidians.

Military flashbang grenades have resulted in three civilian deaths in the U.S. and numerous injuries, some during mistaken drug raids.

Then there are the SWAT teams.

stormountainman likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

In a time when trust for the police is low, police should be working on building community relationships rather than instilling fear in the communities they patrol.

That is my main issue with the militarization of police. I dont know that there is documented proof of abuse (I did watch a lot of videos filmed by bystanders during the Ferguson riots and saw a lot of things I didnt like but I dont want to get into that here) but I still dont think the militarization of police is a good idea. Community police should be approachable.

8. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Hysteria if I ever saw it. Lets break down the equipment you listed.

Machine guns.

Unless you're talking about mounted .50 cals and SAWs, police had always had automatic rifles ever since they were created. In the 30's they had tommy guns.

Grenade launchers.

The police use them to launch tear gas, not frag grenades. There's a civilian version that they use that is a 37mm, but it doesn't allow the year gas to spread as good as the military 40mm.

Armored vehicles.

Again, police have had them since they were created. In fact, I'm willing to bet that they were the first ones outside the military to use them. So are you going to protest Loomis for using armored trucks?

Laser scopes.

I'm not sure if such a thing exist. I've heard of red dots, lasers, and illuminated scopes, but not laser scopes. Either way, what's wrong with them using those things? You can walk into a Bass & Pro shop and buy one for as low as $100. No background check or anything.

Drones that kill.

First off, you'll have to prove that police will be allowed to do that. Secondly, there are some legitimate, albeit limited, uses for armed drones. The shooting that killed five officers proved that.

Surveillance electronics.

As long as they are used constitutionally, I see no problem with it.

As for the targets, seriously? You couldn't be more hysterical if you tried. Do you have any evidence that they will target those groups and not actual criminals?

9. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Key word is "neccesary." If they don't NEED to be shot then they won't.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Like there's a difference [​IMG]

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You're why there's an alt-right.

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Rubbish? Answer his questions.

13. scratcho

Go back to the beginning of this thread and witness Trump supporters maintaining ---no contact with ANY Russians. All made up. Damn fools. Anyone that backs this fool and his minions needs to check their idea of morality.

14. Kerri

Kerri Members

It’s amazing what people are willing to believe just to have their bigotry validated

15. scratcho

It is, isn't it? Of ALL the items that have come to light about this useless human going back years and years and the issues now of the equally useless appointees he favors----is there no end to what foolish people will tolerate? Maybe people will show some spine come next elections. (but I doubt it.)

16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They are for "hunting" wink wink. And of course you people who don't own guns misuse the term "assault riffle". BS

As someone who has been around NRA people they want the guns they do because they are good in war. It's like buying a "water pipe" at a a head shop. We know what it's really for but you never say bong or assault riffle.

17. MeAgain

Assault weapon..... is a legal term. Assault rifle is sometimes defined as fully automatic, or capable of selective fire.
    These two terms are sometimes confused and mean different things to different people.

18. stormountainman

so why does he want to fire Rosenstine and Mueller?

19. stormountainman

At the Ludlow Massacre, the Guardsmen opened machine gun fire on the UNIONIZED men and their families. About 475 people died, mostly poor Irish miners.

20. MeAgain

I think it was more like 60 dead.