A cup of coffee

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by catstevens, Jun 22, 2006.

1. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

[​IMG]
    Hi everyone, I hope you all are fine and happy today and everyday, Amen =)
    I found the following story and I'd like to share it with ya :)
    you can start reading it from the red star*
    Have a nice , peaceful and faithful day
    *Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

To extend the metaphors used there - if life is a gift, then we have to be open to recieve that gift.

Nice story Cat.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

thank you cat, and my your days find blessings too.

well i don't see life as all those competing things but as what is at hand, to be enjoyed for what it is. and i think people are really really silly about the cups. we could so much not make life more difficult for each other without that.

i want to have things too. but only things i can enjoy using. using to create and explore with. not to affect how anyone thinks about me.

to think about how they affect the world that surrounds them, how we all do, creating and doing what helps that, this is a good thing yes.

a journey of exploration for the gratification of exploring, NOT the persuit of some special specific 'destination'.

and you know, mohammid, christ, baha'u'llah, and probably most if not all of the others, would have let everyone else take their cups first and choosen the humblest ones that would be sufficient to contain the coffee without leaking or scalding their hands with it. at least that's what i like to believe about them anyway.

being only fallable and human i don't always do that myself. i have preferances as to shapes and patterns and color. but at least they have nothing to do with what anyone thinks anyone else would be impressed by.

=^^=
    .../\...

4. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

Hi BlackBillBlake :)
    Plus this
    Hi themnax :D Haven't seen you in a while, hope you're fine, full of energy and enjoying Allah's creation
    You are more than welcome =)
    Thank you very much, yeah they do so , it increased since I registered in these forums :) may Allah bless Skip
    Agreed, Check this "Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it." Thais is the point here.
    In this story the Coffee is life, the jobs, money and position in society etc are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain life, but what is life ? it is about what? what are your goals ? if everyone has his own view then I think his choice will depend on that. I think I have to know the coffee first to understand it then I will pick a cup which suits my goals and understanding of life , go along with it, to achieve them. When you were a student or If you want to be a doctor isn't like when you want to be a singer, your life style (cups) are very different. I have to pick a lifestyle which leads me to achieve my goals. If I am a student I can't have the same life style of a singer otherwise I may fail at school.
    Have a nice , peaceful and faithful day
    *Peace and love*
    Yours Sincerely,

Cat Stevens