a bit frustrated ~ again! (are we really surprised at this point?)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cerridwen, Apr 5, 2007.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Turbulent times, I tell you.

Nothing huge, though.

I feel like I'm on the receiving end of a lot of negativity around here. I mean not specifically in RT, but over the last 3 or 4 months, I've had a handful of people either start a thread about me or have pm'ed me with certain things that have bothered them quite a bit.

Some of that came from the fact that I'm now mod'ing the Fashion & Crafts forum. I'm quite green about doing it, and the other mod's have been fanastic at helping me throughout, but I've often posted and told folks to feel free to point out any mistakes I may make while it's happening.

What I end up with is people telling me months after the fact that I've apparently made such mistakes, and apparently have a power-tripping attitude with handling certain issues. (?) Or it's somehow my fault that traffic to a certain forum has decreased... seriously? :confused:

And then there are vents about me that have nothing to do with mod'ing at all... that I've apparently just been particularily annoying about something. Rehashing apparent issues about me that existed many months if not years ago ~ somehow stigmas tend to stick. :ack:

I just don't understand how I've tried to be nice to everyone that I've ever posted in response to or pm'ed, and in return I get incredible amounts of grief. :hysterica

A lot of this probably just sounds incredibly vague but I really didn't write this to get into details or point certain people out, I just wanted to vent... sorry... disregard.... just wanted to get off my chest....

2. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

1) mod jobs are thankless, its just how they work
    2) make sure ruesl are posted clearly, the ones that youre trying to enforce
    3) see rul enumber 1, cant let it get to you because youll neve be appreciated for being a mod

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Rules are posted in the guidelines, which unfortunately not enough people read and get finiky about when they're enforced.

And it's quite true, it is a thankless job.

I suppose it's the sort of thing that others make a point to bring in virtually any and every flaw into a discussion with you for the sake of conversation, and for no other reason. That's what bothers me.

4. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

then repost the guidelines as a sticky so theres an esay accessible link to see for them.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I suppose ~ although at this point, it shouldn't have to be done because the most abused rules have been stickied to death.... ah well, whatcha gonna do.... :ack: