9yr old daughter doesnt want to get a job

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ROLLINGALONG, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

So you try to hurt me by making jokes about birds?
    That's so uncool, just think how you would like it if I made fun of rolling things.

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I blame it on NWO. Non Working Offspring.

Yup! :)

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

find a corner for her and get her some slutty clothes and tell her to get down to business:rolleyes:

4. Lodog

Lodog ¿

9 seems a little young. I'd do extra choirs out of my comfort zone at that age around the house for extra allowance money though. When I turned 12 I started cutting grass around the neighborhood for money. At 16 I flipped burgers to get a cheap car and pay for my insurance. Plus FUBU shirts didn't pay for themselves back then.

I'm gonna try to instill a good work ethic in my son just as I had one instilled in me. Unless he gets into sports and extra curricular things in highschool he will have a part time job.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didn't do shit except ride around with my bicycle gang when I was 9, not gonna lie.

Off topic but it's sad you don't really see big packs of kids walking or riding their bikes around anymore. I don't know if parents are too freaked out about stranger danger or if kids are too busy playing video games.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

actually mel.....on this island its like 1970....in town there is tons of kids paying and biking

truth be told i have a 33 yr old daugter...she's a workin' single mom samba musician:)

i'm real proud of her

i have a 9 yr old grand daughter

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, babe. It was indeed a joke.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Back in my day there wasnt any such thing as kids, as soon as you popped you had to cut your own cord, then walk 12 miles in the snow to get burped

9. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Young is as young can. I have a second cousin who, at 6, already has a piggy bank and takes pride in helping mommy around the house. I'm sure, as soon as it is safe to do so, she'll shovel snow or set up a lemonade stand with daddy.

I would've loved to have had that kind of upbringing, rather than the liberal upbringing that farms out the responsibility for raising kids to what they like to call 'the education system.'

It took me 3 decades to undo the harm and delay that 'education' has done to me. My little cuz is ahead of the pack.

10. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

It's really not...

11. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Tell her to sell crack...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.