78 year old householder is arrested for stabbing intruder.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ged, Apr 4, 2018.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You mean that we like to remain approachable and lock up the right person without shooting them first..

2. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

No.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i used to think that too...then i saw some tv episodes of australian and new zealand cops...they are even worse

machinist likes this.
  4. mcme

mcme lurker

If I caught someone in my house, univited and unknown, in the middle of the night or any other time for that matter, there'd only be one story told, mine.

machinist likes this.
  5. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Make my day

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Strange thing is, only some of your statement is correct..
    Like every country, you have bad cops, they are people after all.. but then you have our government, that put so many restrictions on them.. yeah, the few left seem like candy ass..

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

one of my favourite shows

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

And yet if the old bugger had a bad ticker and died from a heart attack, the burglar would have been charged with 2nd degree murder or manslaughter

[​IMG]

scratcho and morrow like this.
  9. morrow

morrow Visitor

No further action...

I should think so too..

To all you prolific burglars.. you might have got away with it last night! But!!!!

etherea likes this.
  10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Having been badly beaten up by Hackney police, I can testify that they are not entirely candy ass. The regular police don't have guns, but we have armed divisions and there are military style heavily armed anti-terrorist squads in London. We just don't happen to have a gun culture in the UK, which is a GOOD thing for us. In many ways the US is like another Universe to us. Most Police here don't want guns, because they know it would escalate into a gun culture. Of course there are criminals who have guns, and if you go to the right pubs in Brixton and have the right contacts, you can illegally obtain one.

morrow likes this.