70s progressive rock fans

Discussion in 'Music' started by Carlfloydfan, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

So any prog fans here? I've been listening to a lot of Nektar (Journey to the center of the eye), Sensations Fix (Fragments of Light), Henry Cow (Legend), Tangerine Dream, Fruupp and Gentle Soul. There really are a lot of obscure bands that are great. But def. check out Nektar! They are a German Pink Floyd, or at least "Journey..." is.

List your favorite prog bands:

2. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

YES! Rock on nectar! I found them by complete chance... I found A Tab in The Ocean is a local record store. Didnt have a clue what it was but could tell it was worth it by the cover of the record and there only being 2-3 songs on each side....

Uhhh so you got a little too obscure on me...
    I'm still in the zeppelin stages

3. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

tonight i will be sleeping to yes- tales from topographic oceans don't know nectar. will try to check em out. peace

4. gnombient

gnombient Member

The only album of Nektar's I've heard is Remember the Future and it's pretty dope. The Floyd comparison is understandable... I just got into Henry Cow recently, and really dig their sound. Early TD ranks among my favorite electronic music, but I don't really consider it progressive... Doesn't matter really, cause they're still great! :)
    Some of my other favorites, obscure and not-so-obscure:
    Gong, Steve Hillage, Van Der Graaf Generator, Camel, & Ozric Tentacles.