666 - The Mark of the Beast - Forewarned is Forearmed

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by skycanvas, Jun 9, 2013.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I think you are in the same position don't you? You hear about people dying and yet you are alive so the statement life ends with death is not accurate.

2. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

Of course it is accurate. Upon death of one's physical body, no life remains within that body.

3. thedope

Well there are systems that continue to function well after death and decomposition begins rapidly. The mistake is in thinking that your experience is somehow the measure of life.
    Even the story of your birth is a hearsay, you personally not recalling a time when you were not.

4. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

Until verifiable evidence can be provided that I existed before my conception, I will hold to the reality that I did not exist until stated conception. It is not that hard a concept to grasp. Hold true to that which reality confirms and dismiss that which relies solely upon the lack of evidence to support it.

5. thedope

My only extrapolation from the information I have is that I am personally unaware of a time when I was not, so I have no reason to speculate on a time when i was not or will not be.
    My statements have been accurate per my own empirical evidence and am not prepared to speculate on what may or may not occur after death. We don't have deaths view on the subject only seeing death a part of living witness.

6. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

That is better. :)

7. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

thedupe:
    What definitive proportions when I am not giving them? You assume I have meaning for god, since you do and cannot imagine having none. Is it chronic? lol

Are you as bright as me, sad-sack? :-D Where is your reverence? You'd have us believe it is for the mind, the part of the body beyond replacement. The 'appeal' of the idea we're not our bodies? LOL O thedope. If it wasn't the darkness, the denial, the ignorance, the decline, the misconception, if it were not error itself.

No, it's true. Even in choosing not to identify with the body, it is the body itself you choose with. You can die. Everyone can. Your home is above the earth, with us, not buried in it. :-D Tell us anyway what the consequent appearance of flesh post-breath leaving the body is supposed to mean though. Your nde's might need airing.lol

Sounding like your waterbrother again. lol In absence of form? I don't care for your creeps belief in disembodiment. May your dreams of silicon be... brief! :-D

I have no group, no followers, I have a big family of brothers and sisters that are quite content for me to be forgotten among them. Remembered too! But the movement, the life, the love, the celebration, the laughter, thedope, if I am 'some kind of prophet', it is only joy I foretell. Your prediction of demise is spectacularly funny from a certain height of feeling! lol

Dull boy or willing victim? The lie that we're not our bodies! lol

I've never said the body is the way to death, liar. Denial of it is, pedant.
    The body is its own communication, you divisive despiser of the body! :-D

It's of yours. Humanity can lie to itself, but only for so long.
    Your 'out of time interval', isn't.

As it should be! I'm above it. If you'd like to hold me to it,
    you'll have to attempt to see into a past that has ceased to be, but as past. lol

Hi Airyfox!

Sometimes I think ourdope really does think death has a view on 'the subject' as he puts it. ;-D

8. thedope

Having none is a definitive proportion.

I think a broad sampling is in order to address that question. Sad is unrelated to my condition, although nut sack is appropriate.

Showing up

Because it is no part of the body at all, the mind is naturally abstract.

I have wished you ease in the body but you are still complaining.
    The body becomes to me unrecognizable as the being I saw moments before. In no guise.
    A sensational headline if I ever heard one. Funny has nothing to do with your height but the absurdity of your notions.
    Have you weirded yourself out. I talk to you, you talk to me.

An out of time interval then.

If you haven't noticed Airyfox, Dejavu thinks he is immortal having a body all the same.
    I think he displays more permanence than many but is still full of self denial. He certainly is eager to deny me propriety.

9. Dejavu

No it isn't, but let's hear how you think it is.

How about balls? Going to face that 'depression' you were on about? How about explaining the nonsensical statement
    "I am assured your continued existence in absence of your current form." lol

Only to conceive a divide in self.

No, it belongs wholly to the body. Your abstraction of it as apart is unnatural in that it 'results'
    in the end of the particular nature that you are, nothing being unnatural in itself.

And the 'consequent appearance of flesh'? What's that about?

There's nothing absurd in denying your lie that one is not ones body. Nor does it make your 'prediction' any less funny. :-D

And? You envision being bound by the physical as opposed to unbound by it. Why else conceive you are not your body?

No. No time out of time. Time for you to appeal to another figure of speech? lol

Eager? Your position of proprietor in the matter of self-possession is not just denied by my flattening your lie!
    My not letting it stand in words is an entirely different thing to your belief in it as truth, as 'actuality'...

10. thedope

Do you have some?

You are not on my side of the world yet i am sure you exist. You can make a post at 330 am and I might read it at 600am. Just like that guy bertrand russel who was mistaken about the fact that he would die and his body would rot and no trace of him would remain you are not aware of your probable selves or all the things you are into not fathoming the reach of your or any mind for that matter. One mind, many thoughts, One being many bodies.

My conception is the I am I call myself is the same I am you call yourself. I am sure you have heard me speak and who exactly speaks for a separate self called the individual?

Are you starting to loose your grip on the simple as well as the slightly more complex?
    I tell you you can have all the body in the world but without the mind you would get no communication from it. However conversely you can read these words in the absence of my physical presence and know that I have spoken. Mind inhabits all substance, not just brain/nervous system.

In addition there are organs in your body that have a life cycle of their own and operate with considerable autonomy. This includes the impressions of people you have known. Thing is people imagine their thoughts to be contained or localized but they are not and a thought on this side of the world affects a thought on the other side of the world.
    The world we see is a consensual conception and without the minds of others it would be inaccessible.

Can't quite grasp meaning in this statement. The mind is naturally abstract, the body solidly measurable. I said nothing whatsoever about unnatural.

No life in it.

I will sure and laugh if ever you loose a leg if it happens to cause you even a moments depression.

I see the body as communication device and quite necessary to communicate at a certain frequency. Is that being bound? What do you think is unbound through the body?

I will use it regardless your preferences. There is no time in your suggestion in how to use my time so you are plumb out of timely suggestions as far as i am concerned. Unless you want pizza or sumpm.

Oh, more retarded then. My words stand here still stark against the white of the page and you have quieted no speech, punk. Yes eager for more having not really assumed any substance you see only the visions in your cup.

11. Dejavu

I have definitive proportions, but not for god. The idea that I do is your conceit.

You mean many minds, many thoughts, many beings, many bodies. You are not without my current form in my continued existence. lol You can only be assured of existence in my current form. The 'probability' of my future is beyond us both. :-D

Between us, it is you who speaks for the individual as 'separate', which it isn't. Self is only had through selves.

I think you might have lost something there! You haven't lost me though. lol I only have all the body that I am.

Sure, the body is its own intelligence. The mind evolves for joy, which of course remains unproven. Doesn't mean I've not always been willing to prove it. You may say you've nothing to prove, but I feel you're with me in this endeavour, and not only in spirit. :-D

Then just grasp the first part I suppose -The mind belongs wholly to the body, and it wants to.

Bad case for the mind inhabiting all substance eh? ;-D

I'm sure you wouldn't. But if I am vaporized by a meteorite, be it not on my head for you to feel free preaching my continued existence. lol

As a 'device' of the mind, yes, bound. Expression, the body itself, which the mind can only happen to be a part of, not apart of, is unbound through the body. :-D There's no self that is not its body. Its living body thedope. Not dismembered parts.

That I didn't specify a time for you to use it was, well, forget it. :-D As long as you don't overcook the pizza, I'm not concerned.

Retarded is believing you're not your body. My words stand atop of your stark lie, which isn't even a 'lie' as you understand it! I am not interested in quieting speech.

12. thedope

You sound very definite about not for god part, no so definite in your description of definite proportions, having to qualify those to exclude god. Self denial Dejavu.

Not future probable selves the probable selves you are spinning off now. You sometimes interface with them in dreams and they have their own lives and concerns which are not your daily concerns but you recognize them as your own and there is a continuity to them from the time they come into your awareness to the next time beyond they come into your awareness. I would describe their current position as just slightly beyond the extent of our side to side vision or just around the corner. They are not separate from you however being like appendage or organ but of different density or intensity . As far as past or future all is occurring now

Between us self can only be known by self, knowledge being shared. Yes the self has many perspectives. Further you are not genuine in your statement having told me specifically that you are not me. My claim is the I am I call myself is the same I am you call yourself in addition I consider human body to be common currency, it does not belong exclusively to you. You are the confluence of breath and we are breathing.

In some respect Dejavu you are not honoring your mind as we share our thoughts, perhaps the same you think of me. I am confident however that I am more familiar with the reaches of the human nervous system. Further the thoughts come and this is not a scenario of my own devising. When I speak I have no idea the direction it might take. Was a time I had nothing to say and now it speaks for itself.

I don't think you've lost your mind, only forgot you had one?

Like I said, I show up. If not you couldn't here/hear me.

Mind is the communication between breath and body.

Why? I have said repeatedly that our only substance is breath, spirit. Mind inhabits all substance being magnanimous intent. Rocks are mindful as their density attests.

Of course not and if it is of your probable nature to at some point loose a limb I wish you ease of being.

You've got a circular definition going there. How can the body liberate expression if the body is the expression. What is before body to liberate? How do you see the light of a candle in the sun, you cast a shadow and think your form defined by negative space or the idea of separation.

The idea that the body is it's own communication is another circular definition. The body is made of information. The information it provides is the nervous systems response to stimulus or the tensions of your perspective.

Jump on top of it then. Throw a freakin fit. I certainly have a body but it is not the measure of me, i regard it. Just as you regard me a body even though you've met only with my mind.

13. thedope

On negative space from wikipedia,

Negative space, in art, is the space around and between the subject(s) of an image. Negative space may be most evident when the space around a subject, and not the subject itself, forms an interesting or artistically relevant shape, and such space is occasionally used to artistic effect as the "real" subject of an image. The use of negative space is a key element of artistic composition. The Japanese word "ma" is sometimes used for this concept, for example in garden design.

In a two-tone, black-and-white image, a subject is normally depicted in black and the space around it is left blank (white), thereby forming a silhouette of the subject. However, reversing the tones so that the space around the subject is printed black and the subject itself is left blank causes the negative space to be apparent as it forms shapes around the subject, called figure-ground reversal.

Elements of an image that distract from the intended subject, or in the case of photography, objects in the same focal plane, are not considered negative space. Negative space can be used to depict a subject in a chosen medium by showing everything around the subject but not the subject itself. Usage of negative space will produce a silhouette of the subject. Most often, though, negative space is used as a neutral or contrasting background to draw attention to the main subject which is then referred to as the positive space.

The use of equal negative space, as a balance to positive space, in a composition is considered by many as good design. This basic and often overlooked principle of design gives the eye a "place to rest," increasing the appeal of a composition through subtle means. The term is also used by musicians to indicate silence within a piece.

I would add that this principle plays a role in perception generally.

14. Dejavu

How self denial? I am not god, and do not give god meaning, no matter what those who do make it out to be. I couldn't deny it as concept if I tried. Are you frustrated that it is a supposition? If god is good enough for you, why must I also make meaning of it?! Stop pushing, pusher.

My actual self has me reply no more than this here to what you spun there. :-D

Not just perspectives, but selves, genius. I am not you in any specificity you could come up with. lol

I honour my mind wholly by acknowledging it is my body. Yes, your mind speaks for yourself, which has only ever been embodied by yourself. Now tell of your greater familiarity with the reaches of the human nervous sytem thedope! :-D

It has never been without my body. It's as much my body as any other part of it.

lol You are a budding geologist!

Why? Is your pity that importunate? Go flock your comfort, or vice versa.

How could it not?! lol Your denial of the mind as body only shows a desire that its embodiment in some way frightens you. Is there a skeleton in your closet or something?

It simply doesn't matter, don't you see? Precursors, progenitors, the past itself is never truly in our mind save as past.

What, and nervous response is not a communication? What is information if not communicated? What do you think life is?! Dead?! lol

:-D I deny your lie, not as yours, since it needn't be, but as truth. With 'ease'. lol

If you do not love your body as your measure, you who have claimed/disclaimed it as common currency, you must be sent to a colony where they'll help you strip back your embarrassment. It may leave you a little out of breath, where you'll then have the full pleasure of helping the experience reside, if not retire in your mind.

You have a body, and it is yours alone, for having is being. Do you want to be loved for something you are not?

15. thedope

How can you not have given god meaning to say you are not god? What are you
    not comparing yourself to, saw through that you stubborn knot head.

And just as you say
    , we find ourselves in agreement. Your deal is you don't like my form and you can't see through yours because it is stapled to your head.

You're just fucking selfish is all.

We share our thoughts simpleton, one thing that you don't comprehend thinking our thoughts separate. You put new wine in old skins and destroy real meaning.

It is without your body in mine.

I always seem to be someones buddy.

No, it would misplaced seeing and knowing you no less.

You think you are afraid of death Dejavu but are really afraid of the ever wielding/yielding proportions of your life. I have no urgent need to call you a liar.

That thought is a very tardy arrival.

Raw information that needs processing.

My body being is specie not individual, having and being remain the same.

16. Dejavu

The things that people mean by it. No-one has ever meant anything by it that isn't really only the thing that they mean. Are you jealous that I don't give meaning to god?! lol

Not true. I've always liked you. And many of your words too! lol

You are the one thinking our thoughts separate from our bodies. Which real meaning has been destroyed?

:-D My mind has never been in your body. It's funny your thinking you're me, but probably better for you in the long run to realize that you're you. lol

It's because you're personable, friendly, it's because you're someones body, ( but I won't say whose since it upsets your precious sensibilities. :-D )

A correction.
    I wrote - "Your denial of the mind as body only shows a desire that its embodiment in some way frightens you." - having started out to write that it only shows a desire to hide, so it should really just read "Your denial of the mind as body only shows that its embodiment in some way frightens you."

I'm not afraid of death having loved as I've lived. I'll be candid and tell of my reserve though. I do not want lifes wielding and yielding to be supplanted by mere wheeling and dealing.

This sort of chink in the armour of your 'infinite' patience is what comes of thinking you're me I suppose. :-D

Needs? thedope, life is no contract.

All yield, no wield. Everyone is like you thedope, but there is no-one who is you, but you.

17. thedope

Who or what are you talking about?

Then we are in agreement save for your exceptions.

Did I say that?

Mind is in everything, I said we share our thoughts.

."
    A correction then. I said to identify with the body inevitably leads to depression at some point. I said nothing about death.

Then you need develop permanence. Right now you are still being led by the nose and the feeling in your toes.

Yes I see already as patience brings immediate results. The reason I have patience is that the results are assured.

This is where you are being led by choices you made long ago but think you are making now. Memory is living tissue not an abstract time called the past. The past and the future are both artifacts of current emergence.
    Needs? thedope, life is no contract.
    That is if you want to know your will.

We grow together or we grow apart.

18. Dejavu

Don't play dumb, or do and see if it changes anything. 'God', the word, for which I have no meaning.

You said I destroy real meaning. lol

And I said that's bullshit. Which it is.

No, only the past is an artifact of emergence.

Well, I'm going to go apart for a while, to grow together elsewhere.

See you!