666 - The Mark of the Beast - Forewarned is Forearmed

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by skycanvas, Jun 9, 2013.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Time out of eternity, an out of time interval.

2. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

LOL

Out as in 'in'?! :-D As in 'from'?, as in 'out of'? eg. "It was like something out of a fairy tale."

There is no interval out of time, either with itself or any other time, let alone all.

3. thedope

I once took a timed test. An interval made of time borrowed from eternity, Checking on the time is an out of time interval and of course there are those times when we need to take a time out. Naysayer what are you trying to uphold if your no is yes?

4. Dejavu

The yes of my no here is my yes to it. :-D Checking the time takes time. I'm not the one saying no to time. Not the one saying there is a time out of time. Eternity is all time. You've borrowed nothing from it, it's been yours always.

Regarding the overall affirmation of ourselves, what do you hope to show by deceiving yourself that we are all of us not our bodies?

5. thedope

Which means your indefinite proportion are out of it.
    Again the example of time out or game over belays your statement.
    Working definitions not puns. or dionysus against the stipulated or stapled.

What do you hope to show by not recognizing there is no inconsistency in conception?

6. Dejavu

No, within it.

No time is out of time. An interval is always a time. The instantaneous is had without your purported infinity of patience. Game over is certainly a working definiton for your denial of the selfs physicality! lol And time out? Do you need one?

So you have no answer, but a change in subject. I haven't failed to recognized conception as consistent with what it is. Which means I recognize where one fails another. Where one exceeds another. Where one changes. Your conception that you are not your body is an error of conception. Doesn't mean it isn't what it is, as conception. You don't have to conceive it you know. As long as you do though, it will remain an error, and not only your conception. The negative rules out.

7. thedope

I have failed you? My conceptions have not failed me but marched faithfully to my orders.

8. Dejavu

But not to mine. You haven't failed me.

9. thedope

Correct my conceptions do not march to your orders although you feel justified only in your words, and what ever do you mean by this,
    If I haven't failed you why the objections?
    Are you saying that my conceptions rule out yours? If you are suggesting that I kill myself you are nuts and are utterly harmless on that basis. Do you imagine yourself some kind of prophet? I think it really twisted to imagine that your body will last forever if you love it enough. That makes every one else somehow failing in what they want and regardless you will traverse the cycle of your life and not because you were somehow negligent. If that thought causes you strong reaction to the contrary it proves my point saying that level of identification inevitably leads to depression, the depressing thought simply that the body can suffer some peril. The body is not my being in every sense, the body is a reflection of current development. Body used to be bacterial, viral, algael, cellular, organic, and on to systemic. It is conceivable that mind will jump from carbon to silicon. the data base is being compiled.

Patience in all it's iterations brings immediate relief from trepidation about the future becoming the present. My sense of well being does not hinge on perceptions of the body. The body functions on nutrients and combustible gases. The mind functions on witness and it's relationship to body is as communication device.

10. Dejavu

They're not objections. Just statements of fact.

No. Your conception that you are not your body rules out your body. The fact that you are still here shows it is only an error of conception. :-D

I am not suggesting you even fail yourself, much less kill yourself. I do think you're deceiving yourself.

I imagine us all some kind of prophet thedope. :-D

What's enough? I only suggest that if we can come to love the body as our own we will allow ourselves the whole of our imagination.

You're a worrier. Suffering doesn't qualify. What you think inevitable is not so.
    Self-deception. Your body is your being in every sense.

The mind is only a tool of the reason that the body itself is. Is your conception a leap of faith?

As though the future is in any way held off! The mind functions as body. Your sense of anything hinges on your body, which is its own communication, its own intelligence.

11. thedope

No out of time intervals, poppy fruit cake.

Nonsense,
    The fact that I am still here belies your statement, Your conception that you are not your body rules out your body.

God is not mocked, reality is not sent askew. I think that is a silly statement.

How about allowing me the imagination I have. Why are you so freakin stingy.

Interesting what is that?

12. Dejavu

None.

I didn't say it does it at once! You have to march the rest of the way to 'not being your body.' And you won't know it. It's not like the immediate result of your infinite patience! lol Seriously, it is simply an idea that doesn't work.

Again, you've taken time out, in your own mind that is. How long can you go on deceiving yourself?

Your imagination is yours. What do you want from me?! If "god alone is good", and you're good with that, allow yourself.

The self.

13. thedope

I remember you saying that it was not as if you had time, I reminded you had all the time there was. If was not if you had time what was it you did have? And i heard someone say that they couldn't stay for the end because they ran out of time.

Seriously?
    And you have ascertained this through superior experience?
    Okay so an idea that doesn't work but I won't know it doesn't work but somewhere down the line it will cause something untoward well being. Instead I will predict that your body will begin to decline and no longer be eager to mend and do it again. Activities you enjoyed when you were younger will become less functionally enjoyable and eventually your body will cease to function and perhaps you will know some terror at the thought that you may cease to exist because your body fulfilled it's role in your life cycle. And as you cling, it will escape you. But then there is a possibility that you pull your head out of your butt in time to lift your sense of being up to find where it might discover itself actually unbound. That could happen at any moment even this instant.

Maybe you should determine if there is a demand for you to live forever in your body as you know it. I doubt you would find good company being the only ageless body on the planet.

Again reality is not sent askew, you are a little too wrapped up in your internet machinations.

I do, thank you, and obviously so. You would call my presence unworthy because of some thing you decided was contravening fact. The fact is however you can't get past your interpretations of fact to discern much about me. Your idea is I haven't met the self because I don't identify with the body but you only say that because you haven't seen mine. You haven't seen me wince with pain or heard me whoop with joy. You think your evidence of the body is solid but it is mostly liquid and limpid and you mix a mesmerizing concoction.

You know nothing of my body, all the evidence you have is of the mind.

Lots of people have mushroom trips but not everyone goes off their shallow end into oblivion.

14. Dejavu

thedope:
    There are things I prefer to give my time to over others.

Seriously. The idea we're not our bodies doesn't work. Not bright enough.

Yes, since you really have no choice but to identify with your body.

It's as though you're worried I might actually live forever!
    Sadly, it's impossible without others who want to and who are actually joyous enough with themselves to think it possible. :-D

True, reality is not sent askew, so lie, and live long in your lies! May they bring you relief from 'depression', quite seriously! As for drawing others into them, I couldn't wish that for you.

I find your presence less preferable than mine, not unworthy of it! Meaning I'd rather be me than anyone else. If you don't feel the same, I may not be the best person for you to meet with! lol It is not at all my idea you haven't met with your self because you don't want to identify with the body. My evidence of the body is me. Call me what you like! :-D

lol Mind which is of the body. :-D

Not deep enough for yours truly. Break it down for me baby.

15. thedope

Your time must be out of time because it is not my time and the world seems to be a time share. Thing is as a practical matter i have heard the phrase used and understand it's intention, I'm out of time! Just like you say there is no god for you and yet that symbol represents definitive proportions for you from which you argue your position.

Humm, you think me a dull boy. I seem to be functioning well at least that is the report of those whom I live with day to day. An idea perhaps that doesn't appeal to you. I think you are just a prude about it. Your reverence doesn't change the fact that the body is a biological machine and can be replaced with mechanical devices. Do you need a heart, we can make one and that mechanical heart will not diminish your capacity for love. Seriously the idea that you are a body is flat brained.

Not true. But if it was it proves my point. I have a choice of who or what I identify with and that choice regulates conceptual access. I cannot exceed boundaries that I myself have erected owing to the power of the mind. For instance I can say that my home is earth and with that level of identification I am at home the world over. Further Dejavu I can't ignore the physical evidence that I have apprehended in being near the death transition now many times. I cannot ignore the palpable lifting from the body of the breath or spirit and the consequent appearance of flesh.
    If you should happen to pay attention occasionally you might find that I am assured of your continued existence in absence of your current form. Do you have a group all picked out to assist you in your quest for eternal life?

What lie would that be?

The body is proof for the idea of separate self and it is this vain ego that calls the body it's home. On the one hand you claim the body route to eternity on the other you say it is route to death. I say simply that the body is a communication device. You are full of woowooey belief.

Is my mind in your body?

Your conception of life's ending is shallow!!

16. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

Life's ending is just that. An end. Just as we did not exist before we were conceived, we will cease to exist when our physical bodies die. Nothing shallow about that.

17. thedope

Where has life ended? Perspectives change.

It is a vain apprehension of what our lives are. Our lives are not discrete isolates of reality. Our bodies are common currency of the species and represent the strategy of natural selection to express diversely making many copies of which few survive to bear fruit. The I am I call myself is the same I am you call yourself being simply another way to say I am.

18. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

When the physical body perishes.

19. thedope

That's the thing I have seen physical bodies perish and yet life remains. I say your comment represents a myopic view of life.

20. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

Cool, document your evidence and send it in for a Nobel. The response you receive should be interesting. :sunny: