54% of Republicans Want to Postpone the 2020 Election.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, it really does take a certain personality type to get into politics. The people who SHOULD be running the country, people who are humble and would actually work for the public good because they arent narcissistic assholes, rarely run for office because they just don't crave that kind of power and recognition

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Agree with you up to a point. In my opinion there's a bigger, hidden part. Politicians (at least at national level) are MADE. By parties, committees, superpacs, oil giants, whatever. In US politics it's just not possible to just stand up and make a speech and everybody goes "yeah I like". There needs to be considerable power and funding to propel someone into the spotlight. Take Bernie. Now that guy was awesome. He came out of fucking nowhere and got along well with his private donations. But the big players didn't want him. And that was the end of Bernie. I would have liked to think that he could have taken on Trump and won.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^yeah I agree 100% with all of that

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I NEVER give the republicans the benefit of any doubt. Been around long enough to know better.

stormountainman and McFuddy like this.
  5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I would agree with the Republican desire to postpone the next election. Their tax cut bill secretly contains a tax cut for the ultra rich who own private planes. The average guy does not get such a tax cut...not even for his lawn mower. Another Republican lawmaker has been caught having sex with a man. The lawmaker is from Ohio and was their leading Republican LGBT basher, and a big league Christian. His wife is an anti-abortion activist. And now he has been caught having sex with a man in his lawmaker office in the Ohio statehouse.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But... an average guy can get a tax cut on his private jet too. Never met an average guy with a jet, but that's just a technicality.

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  7. stormountainman

Don't forget you are a homeowner. And they don't want you to claim depreciation on your home...like Trump does. And they don't want you to claim the interest rates...like Trump does. And they say "it's not my problem when you remind them the average American does not own a friggin aero-plane.

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

And that is the biggest problem with our political "system."

However, this only works because We the People buy into it. You know, that whole the-greatest-trick-the-devil-ever-pulled-was-convincing-the-world-he-didn't-exist kind of thing...

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

wow...bitching about 2020 election already

americans never cease to amaze

10. stormountainman

If we can just get the rich to pay their fair share of income taxes, and fine them for avoiding taxation by parking their money in other countries and failing to report that interest income to the government; then, we could balance the budget and pay off the national debt. When we follow that with a cut in military spending and nation building, we could start operating in the black. And everybody knows black is better than red any day!

11. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

This is really no different than Barack Obama trying to find a way to get a third term as President.

12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

That never happened.

13. magickman

The new plan likely won't either.

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Happy to see a Republican who bothers to live in reality.:yum:

15. magickman

You want a dose of reality?
    Perhaps you can explain how the District of fucking Columbia (Washington D. f'n C)...can have legalized weed and much of the rest of our country has difficulty pulling that off, in spite of the land containing the Federal Government can?

And you know what party brought that about. That says a lot.

16. magickman

Hypocrites, just like usual. I bet they don't inhale either!!