3-way relationships

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by *Andy*, Apr 20, 2007.

1. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Ever heard of such a thing? A sexual relationship involving 3 or more people. The thought of it is quite odd as most people think of having only one partner. Anyone here who has two or more parters who are all in the same thing together?

2. sexbanshee

sexbanshee Member

I thought you meant the eternal triangle...

but maybe not?

Have had two men on the go....but not as
    in an open arrangement...

It sounds great but not sure if emotionally
    it would work?

Are you thinking of pursuing this?

3. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

one of my exes ultimately wanted a 5-way/person relationship. not for me. i have date dsomeone who had another girlfriend (we knew about each other, had met, polyamorous couple) but iw asnt involved with her ata ll

it requirse a great deal of work from all those involve,d patience and lots and lots and lots and lots of communiation

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i had 2 semi long lasting 3 way relationships

believe me..theyre not easy
    the biggest problem is..keeping things equal..making sure theres no apex to the traiangle....
    the love desire & communication must be eqiualy strong along all 3 sides

& before u even concider it u gotta realize that any 1 side scould break & leave u in a mess..your pressent love could emnd up with the new addition..or..u with her..or nonree ever speakimg again..

if your thinking of it as something fun..something exciting..or..for bragging rights or whatever... u got the wrong attitude completely

it isnt something u should seek..just..if it happends be ready for things to get very complicated very fast..& nothing to ever be the same again..

having said that, some 3-4 way relationships do last years..but they are infinately harder to hold together

5. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i dont believe in it
    it can last a very short time

6. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

any relationship "can last a very short time" regardless of the number or types of people involved :)

7. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I have an aquitance who has a tri-poly relationship with her husband and another woman. I am way too needy for that. I need a lot of attention and am not really into sharing it.

8. Persephone81

Persephone81 Member

My married couple friends are looking for a "girlfriend" to share. I would never let another woman touch my husband.

9. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

pffff...yah, right. YOU would know.

10. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

I don't really think this kinda thing is for me either. Thanks for the comments :)

11. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

whats with the attitude?

12. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

You wanna take it outside (of cyberspace that is)? lol

13. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i'm sure it does depend on the number of people lol
    yeah every usual relationship can be long or short but this 3way one- only short

fexurbis, any problems?
    do ya alw need to comment on me?
    [​IMG]

14. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

Sorry, hon. Maybe it's because I like your cyber-personality. :& But I also think you have strict views that you could open up to those who (even on this thread) have had experiences contradicting them.

15. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

ya just seem to have a grudge against me....
    oh am i paranoid....?
    i'm sorry for you to get disappointment in women and i wish ya could soon restore your belief in them. I really do. But i dont understand your negative vibes to me for i havent done anything bad to ya and in general i'm a positive person and try not to bring harm to anyone.

16. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

We can discuss it more in PM not to highjack anyone's thread. But, yes, you're being a little paranoid. Again, I think what comes out of your personality through your posts is kind of cute.

I do tend to be kind of jaded (generally), and impatient with certain ideas (one of them being the compulsory monogamy gospel) --- so it's not just you.

Sorry if I've been a little bit of a hard-ass...I guarantee you, I have nothing against you or anyone on this board personally. Just discussing ideas here...though kind of forcefully. It's a communication difference, not a negative emotion, believe me.

Now back to the thread...

17. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

ok i understand
    if you need to talk or get moral support you can pm me any time ya want...
    all i need is no negativity
    :)