3 Amendments to the Constitution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jim Colyer, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Jim Colyer

Jim Colyer Member

There are presently 27 Amendments to the U.S. Constitution. We need 3 more.

We need a Right to Life Amendment to stop arbitrary abortion. 46 million unborn babies have been slaughtered since 1973 in an American Holocaust. It is national suicide and it must stop.

We need a Marriage Amendment defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman. There is no such thing as same-sex marriage.

We need a Flag Desecration Amendment. It should be a punishable crime to burn an American flag in public. This is not the Vietnam era. This is the post 9/11 era.

Unfortunately, the Flag Amendment was voted down in the Senate by one vote. Surely, Bill Frist could have gotten one more vote.

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

While I personally agree that abortion is wrong most of the time, marriage should be between a man and woman and I don't like burning the flag, our country should be about freedom of choice.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

GOP's getting ready for an election again.

There are many things less arbitrary then flag burning to look at in the course of the next 2 years.

What does flag burning have to do with 9/11? how is burning a flag in 1969 any different then 2006?

1969 was a post pearl harbor world right? The arguement that a national tragedy should change the way we view our freedoms is ridicolous, especially when it comes to political statments.

4. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

Freedom of choice not control. So what if someone burns a flag? So what if two man or women marry each other? They are adults not children, they know what is best for them. Love is love.

Are you concerned with poverty as much as you are concerned with abortion? There are many born children to safe.

5. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

To call the number of unborn babies killed by abortions an american holocaust is just sick. how could you compare the two, millions of dead cells compared to millions of dead actual living, thinking, breathing, emotion-feeling people.

6. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Foolish Amendment #1:
    Life does not begin at conception. That's why we calculate our age from when we were born, not from when our dad came.

Foolish Amendment #2: Same-sex unions do exist, whether or not you accept it.
    You cons used to whine for LESS goevernment involvement in our personal lives, and if, who, when, where and why we choose to marry is one of the most personal decisions a person can make. The gov't has no right telling people who they can/cannot marry.

Foolish Amentdment #3: Our country has existed for over 200 years without a flag-burning amendment. In fact, Freedom Of Expression is one of our most cherished rights, and along with Freedom Of The Press and Freedom Of Religion sets us apart from totalitarian regimes.
    Why does it bother you if someone wishes to buy a flag and then burn it?

How did you come to hate the U.S. so much?
    Let me suggest you move to Myanmar. They don't have our pesky individual rights over there.
    They also have a 100% conviction rate in their military tribunals. No rights for the accused there, you cons would love it.
    But leave those of us who love and respect The Constitution alone.

Now be gone with you, troll.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I think the comparison is accurate, and, if anything, comparing it to the Holocaust minimizes it because much of what we have been told about the Holocaust (including the number killed) is HIGHLY questionable. I don't give a shit if people don't like me saying that, but it's the truth. That isn't to minimize what happened to the Jews who were indeed affected or killed by the Holocaust, or to detract from the fact that Hitler was a horrible person (though not half as bad as those who financed him).

And to imply that unborn babies are not living and cannot feel (depending on the stage of pregnancy), I think, is absolutely ridiculous.

Also, my stand on abortion is NOT, in any way, shape or form, based on religion. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about organized religion.

My views are based on the fact the people behind the abortion movement at the highest levels couldn't care less about a woman's rights. These people were/are elitist eugenists, promoted by more powerful elitist eugenists. The real agenda behind the abortion movement, I think, can be summed up with quotes such as this:

"He said there would be new diseases . . . which had not ever been seen before. (They) would be very difficult to diagnose and be untreatable - at least for a long time. . . . 'We can cure almost every cancer right now. Information is on file in the Rockefeller Institute. . . . But consider - if people stop dying of cancer, how rapidly we would become overpopulated. You may as well die of cancer as something else' . . . . cancer cures which were being hidden in the Rockefeller Institute would come to light because independent researchers might bring them out, despite . . . efforts to suppress them. But at least for the time being, letting people die of cancer was a good thing to do. . . ."

-- Dr. Richard Day, former Medical Director of Planned Parenthood, March 20, 1969

So, as you can see, abortion to those in-the-know is really just another form of population control, along with diseases like cancer and AIDS (which was bioengineered by the government), wars, famines, and various forms of social engineering.

I personally find abortion to be sick and barbaric. After all, we have something called adoption, and most people are unaware of how much money people will pay to adopt a baby.

8. Inquiring-Mind

Freedom of choice not control.

9. Pressed_Rat

Well, I am all for freedom of choice when it's not about killing things.

10. rangerdanger

How anti-choice people do you know who have adopted children?
    If the anti-choicers spent half as much time promoting birth control and they do fighting against women who did not/could not use conraception, The # of women with unwanted pregnancies would plummet.
    But most anti-choicers are also anti-conraception. They support things like the current admin refusing to fund health clinics where any form of birth control info besides abstinence is offered.

Forcing a victim of rape or incest to bear their abusers child is barbaric.

If you're sincere, really sincere about reducing abortions, put down that picket sign, stop praying for abortion doctors death, and instead petition your local jr. & senior high school boards to pass out free condoms to any student who wants them.
    Unless you just happen to get off on seeing pregnant 14-year olds.

11. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you hate American values so much, Colyer, get the fuck out of our country. Seriously.

12. Pressed_Rat

Who said anything about picket signs or praying for anyone's death, Ranger? Can't you debate with anyone without resorting to cliches and false judgments, like an intelligent person?

Why do you insist as classifying all as one? You're really showing your level of conditioning when you do that.

Secondly, I never even stated my opinion in relation to incest and rape. For one, I DO support abortion in these instances, which is usually a very early-stage abortion.

13. Inquiring-Mind

I do not want to sidetrack this thread but
    A fetus is not an independent entity it is a parasite. It is part of women's bodies and as such they have authority over it.

14. Pressed_Rat

What is your definition of a parasite? Were you also a parasite when you were in mommy's womb?

I am just waiting for you to provide the dictionary definition where it says anything that lives in and feeds off of something living while contributing nothing to that living being is a "parasite".

As if unborn babies are tapeworms or something.

15. Inquiring-Mind

Yes I was and I thank her for giving birth.

they aren't?

16. rangerdanger

Not conditioning (on my part at least); I have talked to people who've carried picket signs and prayed for the death of doctors who perform abortions.
    I've also seen where some anti-choicers print doctors names, adresses and other personal info on a web site, encouraging (while not explicitly stating so) attacks, from verbal abuse up to murder on the doctor and his family, including where the doctors children attend school.

So how many babies have you adopted?
    Any with hereditary birth defects?
    How have you acted to encourage freer access to contraception to those who for one reason or another currently do not?

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Colyer.And these issues directly affect you how?

18. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I am pro-choice, but I don't see the adoption practices of anti-choice proponents is relevant.

The morality of an abortion is unaffected by whether Pressed_Rat adopts a kid.

The wisdom of a legal ban on abortion is unaffected by whether Pressed_Rat adopts a kid.

His adoption history (as a parent) may be relevant if the discussion is about the realtive moral worth of pro and anti - choice activists, but it is not relevant to the wisdom of propsed abortion laws.

(I'm calling those who support my position for making an ad hominim argument.)

19. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Good question!

Why do these neocons think they need to tell others how to live, esp. when it doesn't affect THEIR PERSONAL LIVES in the least!?

20. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

You sir, are an idiot.

Anyone who agrees with him, please inject bleach into your reproductive organs as soon as possible - we don't need you people breeding.

Any abortion-related amendment begins to infringe on people's rights to their own body. If you don't believe in abortion, no one will force you to get one - but on the same token, you have no right to force someone else not to have one. Hate it all you want.

Flag burning is the burning of a rectangle of fabric. THAT'S ALL. The flag may be a symbol, but the burned flags are just FABRIC people. Does this country really have no other pressing issues? It is mind-boggling to know there are people so assinine that they feel things like health-care, social security, ending the middle-east mess, poverty, and so on need to be put on hold so we can make it a crime to burn flags. Nevermind the fact that the prison system is already a mess because there are too many frivolous laws barring various things already.

Marriage is an arbitray thing. It is a social context and a theological pressure surrounding most people, but in REALITY it's just a couple rings and a piece of paper. It is a crutch, and it does NOT represent love.
    Two people who truly love eachother will continue to do so with or without marriage. Ergo, there is no argument here. If some people want to spend some money to have the marriage stamp applied to their relationship, NOONE else will be affected or hurt.
    The same NeoCons who freak out about this and say it is "disintegrating our moral fabric" never complain about pictures of dead soldiers and insurgents shown on the news. They never complain about the fact that many of their own (Rush, George W, etc) being current/former substance abusers of a high scale. They never throw a hissy about groups like the KKK and so forth.
    Supporters of a gay marriage ban are not trying to defend the sanctity of marriage, nor are they trying to defend the moral fabric of America. They are simply trying to have government support for the fact that they are hateful, close-minded bigots.

Again, anyone this offended should look into chemical castration - our pool doesn't need your genes anymore.