3,500 Females = 3.5 Tons - Blast From The Past

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Just_Need_It, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Just_Need_It

Just_Need_It Member

Ah the memories......
    1980 - A BLAST FROM THE PAST!!
    How much could you grow if you had 40 acres?
    Not sure how many of you would be interested but I thought I would share a brief moment in time.
    The images are but a few from our "pot farm portfolio".
    There is obviously a whole story invovled around this with many interesting twists but too lengthly to go into here so please visit the link below.
    SYNOPSIS:
    We started out with over 8000 plants - a strain selectively crossed 9 generations to create a superior plant we called "9th Generation Purple Carlotta". At the time we feel this was the strongest most potent hybrid ever grown in the US.
    With 2 years in planning we started the actual grow in Feb. of 1980. Unfortunantly 7 months later we were busted. At the time this was a record bust for New Mexico - total seized was 3500 female plants weighing in at over 7,000 lbs. Standing from 10ft to 16 feet tall average height of the plants were 12 feet. Authorities had to use a local copper mine smelter to destory it all - doing so "put the fire out" - took them 2 days to relite the smelter. Man - I would have loved being downwind of that burn. Even though we did get busted only 2 weeks from harvest, we did manage to get most males out which paid for all operational costs.
    After 24 years of silence I felt the erge to finally share this story.

see the story and photos - click here
    http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=456612

2. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Gettin' popped is a real bitch, Man. A fella round these neck O' the woods lost half his crop this year to the National Guard.

So... Just how much pot Can you grow on 40 acres? Or is this a trick question?

3. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Never Mind. 3.5 tons off'a 40 acres. That doesn't beat the tonage of alfalfa from the same acreage though.

Sort of have a vague memory of walking out of the woods with a hundred pounds of plants strapped to my back... them waz the days. Yup.

Sam

4. Just_Need_It

Just_Need_It Member

reality is an illusion caused by misunderstanding visual perception
    need the weed - the stuff that warps reality "back" into something a bit more tangible
    WHOAA!!!

5. goldmund

goldmund Member

I always thought Arizona or NM would be an awesome place to grow, provided you had enough water, good soil, amendments, etc.

How did you get busted?