2oz

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by FAT MAN, Jan 16, 2005.

1. FAT MAN

FAT MAN Member

Hi people,
    I was just wondering if any grower out there can help me?
    I am producing about an oz per plant only useing a 600w light and was wondering if i add anther light and changed my soil can i get 2oz per plant?
    Can any 1 help me thanx, all the best and happy growing!!!!!!

FAT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

I hate to tell you this, but I flower with only 375 watts (250 HPS and a 125 watt Hydrolight), and I get about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 ozs when dried.... per plant (I flower 2-3 females at a time). A 600 HPS should be getting you 2 ozs per plant easily, depending on the number of females you are growing and the dimensions of the growroom. I LST my plants for better light penetration.

3. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Hang on, it depends what strain of marijuana your growing in relation to yeild

4. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

how big do you let them get before putting then on 12/12 should determine your yeild more than anything else.
    let them veg on 18/6 until one to two foot tall,and then go to 12/12 i think you'll get better yeilds with the sysyem you have.
    tiedye
    p.s. i am currently experimenting, i have 32 clones ranging from 5 inches tall to two foot at the time i upgraded from 580 watts to 2130 watts. this was when both chambers became one- i unplugged my crappy old 175 watt halide and put them all on 12/12.
    four strains
    humbolt,nl5xkush,thai,mutant afghani.[the columbians went outdoors]
    but i'll be able to tell which heght gets me better yeilds for my current setup.
    and i'll probly start fresh from seed most of the year.

5. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

True, but just about ANY strain should be able to produce at least 2 ozs per plant under a 600 HPS.

6. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

that's exactly why i stated, it matters more how long you veg them. that will determine your yeild- that and the health of the plants themselves.[soil too -get ff ocean forest]

7. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

^^^^^I've been using Ocean Forest for 2 years and I swear it's the best organic soil that you can buy. I've been a Fox Farm desciple for a long time. I usually veg my plants for 6-7 weeks. They show sex around thier 4th-5th week, then I veg for 2 weeks after sex is determined. I used to only veg for 4 weeks, but since I added the extra 2-3 weeks in veg, my yeilds have definitley bulked up.